2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Dopey Training Review - Week #23


MIND CHECK
It was really good week in terms of mileage and exercise. I feel like I gained a little more desire and persistence again this week which is great. I hope to keep this exercise momentum going and keep the miles climbing when they are supposed to.
BODY CHECK
I think all the bike miles have been really helpful - thank goodness! I got in my first double digit run since March and I did it...No, I didn't run the whole thing, but that's okay because I was at least still under sweep time.
NUTRITION
I'm not even going to discuss this right now. My head is just not where it needs to be to make this part of my life work. I'll just say that it's been bad.
WORKOUT PLAN
Monday
AM: Easy Run - Warm up walk, 3mi @ 14:34 per mi, cool down walk
PM: Walk - .31mi warm up walk, 1.01mi @ 14:17 per mi, .87mi cool down walk
104 degrees was just too hot for me to get a quality run or walk. I just didn't feel like doing one of the machines today so it felt good to be outside even in the horrid heat.
Tuesday
AM: Elliptical - 2mi no target
AM: Walk - 3.03mi @ 15:48 per mi
PM: Elliptical - 1.10mi, 30mins, 1000 revs @ 10%, 300 revs @ 40%, 300 revs @ 20%, 275 revs @ 10%
Took the girls for a nice walk this morning, but I have some blisters on my feet now. Not sure what I did to get these sores - I'm guessing my form was really off, but I'm not sure. Got a little time in on the elliptical as well.
Wednesday
AM: Tempo Run - Warm up walk, 1mi jog no target, 3mi @ 13:13 per mi, 1mi jog no target, cool down walk
PM: Bike - 10mi, 42mins, 14.2mph avg, resistance level 2
Really haven't been feeling great today. I was going to do a 25mi bike ride, but it was all I could do to even pedal tonight. I think mileage everyday caught up with me today.
Thursday
AM: Bike - 25mi no target
AM: Walk - 4.04mi @ 15:21 per mi
PM: Bike - 10.5mi, 40mins, 16.1mph avg, resistance level 3
Took the girls on a walk this morning - it would have been really nice if my stomach wasn't feeling so sour. Managed to get an okay bike ride in this evening as well...
Friday
AM: Walk - 4mi no target
PM: Bike - 10mi, 40mins, 14.9mph avg, resistance level 2
Having to be at work before 6am this morning threw my running plans out the window. I still got some bike time in again tonight so it's better than nothing.
Saturday
AM: Long Run - Warm up walk no target, 10mi @ 14:49 per mi, cool down walk no target.
AM: Long - 10.34mi, .25mi warm up walk, 10mi @ 14:35 per mi, .09mi cool down walk
Holy cow - I did it. I did my 10 miles. I was very afraid of this distance this morning when I got up. I haven't done double digits since March so it's no wonder it was frightening. All I know is the miles on the machines have helped me quite a bit as far as I can tell. I did take two bio breaks during this run which really re-energized me and helped me keep going. I went through 40 ounces of water, but no gels or anything else. I did a run a mile, walk a mile for the first 8 miles, then I pretty much walked mile 9 and between mile 9 and 10 I did some short running sections mixed in. I'm very proud that I managed to get this mileage in. It 91 degrees by the time I got home!
Sunday
AM: Walk - 2mi no target
AM: Walk - 2.6mi @ 16:14 per mi
Took the dogs out again this morning. Surprisingly I don't feel bad at all after my long run yesterday. It was a little warm for the girls already this morning, but we made it! Time to veg the rest of the day ;)!

That's a wrap for this week. Be on the lookout for the Dopey Training Preview post for next week's plan!

2 comments:

Richard said...

Good luck on your successes during the training week.

LauraElaine said...

Great job on the 10 miles! Keep it up! :)

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels