2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Dopey Training Review - Week #21


MIND CHECK
Feeling pretty good mentally this week. I got all my runs in except for one and that day I added a good bike ride in instead. Most importantly I got my long run in and it was rough towards the end, but I did it felt good. Surprisingly, I wasn't very sore after which seems wrong :).
BODY CHECK
Ah, the soreness I've felt in my legs this week. It's been wonderful because it really shows that I have worked harder this week. I want to keep this physical momentum going as it feels good to be sore because I've put the work in!
NUTRITION
I could have done better and I could have done worse this week. I'm just plugging along here. Trying to make better choices most of the time and not kicking myself when I don't do well.
WORKOUT PLAN
Monday
AM: Easy Run - Warm up walk, 3mi @ 14:34 per mi, cool down walk
PM: Bike - 26.2mi, 1hr 37min, 16mph avg, resistance level 3
It was an okay day today. It was too hot to go out running in the evening so I switched to the bike workout today. I'll try to get up and get out running in the morning.
Tuesday
AM: Bike - 26.2mi no target
AM: Easy Run - 3.72mi, .24mi warm up walk, 1.9mi @ 12:29 per mi, .82mi @ 12:45 per mi, .75mi cool down walk
It really felt good to get up and run this morning. I'm a bit sore from all the mileage so far this month, but it's a good sore - finally.
Wednesday
AM: Tempo Run - Warm up walk, 1mi jog no target, 3mi @ 13:33 per mi, 1mi jog no target, cool down walk
PM: Elliptical - 2mi, 55mins, 3402 revolutions - 1700 ramp 10%, 1702 ramp 20%
Wow am I sore. My legs are aching, my abs are a bit sore and even my arms are feeling all this working out. I am finally back to getting some running in and I'm starting to remember how much I like getting the miles in.
Thursday
AM: Elliptical - 3mi no target
PM: Bike - 10mi, 36min, 16.5mph avg, resistance level 3
Couldn't get myself up and out running this morning so I got the bike in this evening. I pushed and did my best with the 10mi. My legs are still feeling pretty sore so it'll be interesting how the long run goes this weekend.
Friday
AM: Walk - 4mi no target
AM: Walk - 4mi @ 15:35 per mi
Felt great to get up this morning and take the girls for a nice walk.
Saturday
AM: Long Run - Warm up walk no target, 8mi @ 14:48 per mi, cool down walk no target
AM: Long Run - 8.59mi, .38mi warm up walk, 8mi @ 13:59 per mi, .21mi cool down walk
Well, I did it. It was a beautiful day for a long run - the temps were low, the wind was blowing lightly and I was all about the miles. I did a good combination of jogging and walking and it felt pretty good. The last 1.5mi was a little rough, but not too terrible. I took a gel 1hr 5mins in and I can't say that it helped me at all - still need to experiment some more with fuel. I did go through 35oz of water or so - it is AZ and while cooler the sun was beating down. Regardless, I love that I finished this and felt good doing it.
Sunday
AM: Walk - 2mi no target
AM: Walk - 3.07mi @ 16:15 per mi
Took the girls out for a walk this morning. Surprisingly, I'm not sore after the long run yesterday. I figured I'd be feeling a lot more sore today - I'm not complaining though because it was just a nice walk!

That's a wrap for this week. Be on the lookout for the Dopey Training Preview post for next week's plan!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels