2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Dopey Training Review - Week #20


MIND CHECK
I think I need someone to follow me around with a cattle prod. Just to give me a shove when I get lazy or doubt myself or feel like giving up in general. I know what I need to do and you'd think that I could just do it, but no. I keep slacking off, dreading what needs to be done, etc...I'll keep plugging along though!
BODY CHECK
I was feeling pretty sick over Memorial Day weekend and that lasted through Tuesday. Then I started feeling better and by Saturday I was down again. I'm slowly feeling better though. I would like for illness to leave me alone for a while.
NUTRITION
I'm not going to kid myself here. I think I've given up here. I know it would help me in the end, but I just don't have the heart to do what I should in this area.
WORKOUT PLAN
Monday
AM: Easy Run - Warm up walk, 5mi @ 14:48 per mi, cool down walk
Pretty sick today. Ended up staying on the couch for most of the day.
Tuesday
AM: Elliptical - 2mi no target
PM: Elliptical - .83mi, 20 mins, 700 revolutions ramp 10%, 200 revolutions 40%, 200 revolutions 20%, 200 revolutions 30%, 105 revolutions 10%
I was starting to feel better by the evening, but I was still pretty wrung out and had a pretty good migraine. I did 20 mins on the elliptical. It wasn't as much as I wanted to do, but at least I got some mileage in!
Wednesday
AM: Speed Run - Warm up walk, 1mi warm up no target, 1mi @ 12:37 per mi, .5mi jog no target, 1mi @ 12:37 per mi, .5mi jog no target, 1mi cool down no target, cool down walk
PM: Bike - 20mi, 1hr 15mins, 15.9mph avg, resistance level 3
Feeling a bit better. Had a good bike ride tonight.
Thursday
AM: Walk - 4mi no target
PM: Bike - 15mi, 55min, 16.2mph avg, resistance level 3
Feeling pretty sick again today. Still managed to get a good bike ride in. Wanted to run, but it's too hot outside to go at night.
Friday
AM: Bike - 20mi no target
PM: Bike - 10mi, 41min, 14.6mph avg, resistance level 2
So, the bike has been my friend this week. At least I'm getting miles in. Hoping to run tomorrow.
Saturday
AM: Long Run - Warm up walk no target, 12mi @ 14:49 per mi, cool down walk no target.
PM: Bike - 5mi, 18mins, 16.1mph avg, resistance level 3
Got up too late to go outside and run and since the treadmill is still broken...I had breakfast and next thing I knew I was asleep on the couch until early afternoon. I've been so tired lately I can fall asleep at anytime during the day and still get some sleep at night. I don't usually sleep more than 3-4 hours a night, but this last two weeks all I've done is sleep. I did get a few miles in on the bike again. Better than nothing I suppose.
Sunday
Rest Day
AM: Walk - 7.58mi @ 15:55 per mi
I wanted to get a long run in today. I headed out at 7:40am this morning and soon realized that running was not going to be in the cards. One - it was already too hot out, two - I wore my Camelbak so I could start trying to get used to it. I decided that I'd just walk as far as I could today and see where I ended up. I did good for the first 4 miles or so, then it was getting so hot and I was getting worn out. Physically, I didn't feel terrible, but I was running out of water and it was so hot and mentally I was doubting myself. In the end, it was a pretty good walk and gave me a good idea of where I am in training - not very far. Regardless, it was good to get out!

That's a wrap for this week. Be on the lookout for the Dopey Training Preview post for next week's plan!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels