2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Dopey Training Preview - Week #24


MIND CHECK
It's time to end June strong. I have just a few days left of mileage everyday for Juneathon and then it will be time to start a new challenge. This week is a relatively low mileage week as I use it to recover and get ready to start the next round of upping miles.
I think July is going to add the challenge of getting one strength, one Pilates and one ab workout per week to the mix. In addition, I'm going to do my best to no miss/skip any running/walking workouts. I really want some strength added to July. I'm feeling less afraid of the half marathon mileage again so it's time to step it up and get cracking.
BODY CHECK
June has not been super easy in terms of mileage everyday. Thankfully I've been able to do it, but I know I need to be careful. Overall, the body is feeling pretty good, but I do have a slight pain in the side of my left foot that's bothering me a bit after runs. Going to keep icing and keep an eye to make sure it gets better and not worse.
NUTRITION
I wish I could say I had my act together in this area, but I don't. It's just really difficult for me right now as I want to eat things that are bad for me instead of being strong and eating what will fuel me better. I'll just keep doing what I can here.
WORKOUT PLAN
Monday
AM: Easy Run - Warm up walk, 5mi @ 14:48 per mi, cool down walk
Tuesday
AM: Bike - 20mi no target
Wednesday
AM: Easy Run - Warm up walk, 5mi @ 14:48 per mi, cool down walk
Thursday
AM: Walk - 4mi no target
PM: Pilates 20 Minute Circle Workout
Friday
AM: Elliptical - 2mi no target
Saturday
AM: Easy Run - Warm up walk no target, 4mi @ 14:48 per mi, cool down walk no target.
Sunday
REST
That's a wrap for this week. Be on the lookout for the Dopey Training Review post at the end of the week!

3 comments:

Richard said...

Looks like a great plan to me. I think it's smart that you are including rest as a defined part of your plan, many people leave that important component out. (I'm sometimes guilty of that, myself.)

BTW - Don't think we are not noticing that you making progress in the weight loss department.

Finally, thanks for your comments and praise over on my blog! A little positive input goes a long way--and yes, I had a great day going for me in today's race, where almost everything went according to plan or better.

Matt said...

You continue to inspire me. I may need you to send me virtual butt kickings to keep me going! Keep it up!

Rae! said...

YAY!!!
Doing even when you do not want to is good.
Golf ball, tennis ball. Get one. The use it under the foot, and roll it around.It helps the muscles from being so tight.

Keep up the great work!!! =)
I may have to send you a text here and there, in the evening on NO SNACKING!!!

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels