2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Dopey Training Preview - Week #22


MIND CHECK
So far I've done miles everyday this month and I'm going to continue this trend. This week has another long run planned and I'm actually looking forward to it...I'll have to get up very early in the morning if I want to do this outside, but I'd like to do that as I know I need to be used to the heat and differing terrain for the Disneyland Half.
BODY CHECK
Last week felt great getting the miles in and making myself sore. I hope to continue that this week as well - and soon the soreness won't be quite as bad I know.
NUTRITION
Still just going to do what I can in this area. I know I'd be better off with less weight, but that's just not the most important thing to me right now and that means I'm not committed to making this perfect. It'll come together at some point, but I'm not forcing this right now.
WORKOUT PLAN
Monday
AM: Easy Run - Warm up walk, 3mi @ 14:34 per mi, cool down walk
Tuesday
AM: Walk - 4mi no target
Wednesday
AM: Speed Run - Warm up walk, 1mi jog no target, 1mi @ 12:37 per mi, .5mi jog no target, 1mi @ 12:37 per mi, .5mi jog no target, 1mi jog no target, cool down walk
Thursday
AM: Elliptical - 3mi no target
Friday
AM: Bike - 25mi no target
Saturday
AM: Long Run - Warm up walk no target, 9mi @ 14:25 per mi, cool down walk no target.
Sunday
AM: Walk - 2mi no target

That's a wrap for this week. Be on the lookout for the Dopey Training Review post at the end of the week!

2 comments:

Rae! said...

Sounds like you are getting back in the swing of things!! That's super!!! =0)

-Chris said...

Good deal, Amanda. It's always a tough thing to have a couple of bad weeks (training wise), but it happens to all of us sometimes. It has happened to me before, certainly.

One thing I want to offer as my opinion though, and you definitely can take it for what it's worth, but I've got a decent amount of race and training experience here, and I have counseled countless other Goofy seekers along this same line.

Here goes:

Having followed your training for the past several months, it seems to me that the whole Goofy Challenge may be putting more stress on you than you really need or want. I'm just wondering if focusing on a smaller goal would give you the freedom you need in training to get your work done without feeling the weight of such a large challenge ahead.

Again, I'm going by what I have seen thus far, and by the work that Goofy training requires. I completed Goofy 08 and it's a lot of training to accomplish, that's for sure. And admittedly, I'm not a fan of the "Goofy hysteria' that overcomes people when at WDW Marathon weekend. I just don't think it's a realistic goal for people that haven't run at least a handful of marathons yet.

Preaching over :) Seriously, that's just my take thus far on the struggles you've had with training. Just in case you're asking me what would I do? - here's what I would say: I would decide that the Goofy Challenge is not wise at this point in my running career. I would, instead, focus on the WDW Marathon portion of it, and train for that alone.

I realize everyone wants the three medals, but you've got to take it from me when I say that 13.1 miles on Saturday before 26.2 miles on Sunday is going to be very, very hard on the body, mind and willpower. When I competed for it in 2008, I had been running 50 miles per week for 2 years and it was STILL difficult to achieve for me. I would advise serious consideration as to whether Goofy is just too darn aggressive a goal for now. Better it is to finish your first marathon in style than to labor and suffer and possibly fall short in such a gigantic goal as is the Goofy Challenge.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels