2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Made Some New Reservations

Now that I am a DVC member I decided that I would change my upcoming trips and try out these DVC points. I was just hoping that I'd be able to get something for the dates I needed.

So, here's what I have booked now.

Disneyland Half Marathon
I will be trying out the Paradise Pier. I am very excited about this as I was going to be off site and while that's what I did last time I was really wanting to stay at one of the Disneyland Resorts, but the budget wouldn't allow it. Since I had the points I was able to book a Theme Park View at Paradise Pier (that was the only view available). While I spent more points that I would have at the Villas at the Grand Californian there was no availability there. I haven't stayed at Paradise Pier before so I'm pretty excited to give it a try.

Wine & Dine Half Marathon
I really wanted to stay at the Beach Club Villas, but no luck there. Second choice would have been Boardwalk Villas, but no luck there either. In fact, we kept going through and the only place I was able to get was Saratoga Springs. So, that's where I'll be. Now my only concern is what to do about transportation for the races - there is no Disney provided transportation from this resort. I really don't want to rent I car, but I may be forced to since I'm not sure what else I can do. I'm kind of excited to stay here though as it's somewhere I've never stayed.

Dopey Challenge
This was the most important for me. I really wanted to stay at my home resort - Bay Lake Towers. I really wanted a Theme Park view as well. I was so afraid that I wasn't going to be able to get what I wanted here, but guess what....I did - I got a studio at Bay Lake Tower with a Theme Park view! This is so amazing to me - I can't wait to be on the monorail for these races. I think the convenience is going to be absolutely amazing.

There you have it. I've got my race trips all booked. Now I get to buy a WDW Annual Pass - I love it. I've never been able to justify an annual pass, but now I have a reason because I won't be booking packages any more (there's just no need).

Let me know what you think and if you've stayed at any of these resorts how you liked them!

4 comments:

Jonathan "The Voice" said...

Amanda,

Congrats and WELCOME HOME! In January - we have to share the monorail together! We're in a 1BR with a MK view at BLT! :)

Jonathan

sambycat said...

so how many days at DL justify you getting the premium pass for both parks??? hmmmmm???

Richard said...

I like the Saratoga Springs resort a lot; it still has that magical feeling while being just far enough away to really relax out of the parks, plus it's just a hop, skip and a jump form the Earl of Sandwich

I'm trying not to be jealous at all of the updoming DVC stays...

Rae! said...

Very cool!!!

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels