2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Monday, May 31, 2010

Dopey Training Review - Week #19


MIND CHECK
I have realized that I'm afraid to do my long runs. I don't know why, perhaps I'm afraid of failing and if I fail a training run how can I finish a race. On the other hand, I just keep telling myself that I've done half marathons before so I should be fine. I'm working on this - I need to squash self doubt and soon.
BODY CHECK
There are things I am doing that feel great, but I know I have a long way to go before I get to where I want to be. I continue to struggle, but I'll get there.
NUTRITION
There's nothing good going on here. I have good days and bad days. At some point I hope to have more good days than bad and soon!
WORKOUT PLAN
Monday
AM: Easy Run - Warm up walk, 3mi @ 14:48 per mi, cool down walk
Since the hamstring is still pretty sore today - no workout.
Tuesday
AM: Walk - 4mi no target
Still have a bad hamstring, but it's getting better. Didn't want to push it though.
Wednesday
AM: Tempo Run - Warm up walk, 1mi no target, 3mi @ 13:13 per mi, 1mi no target, cool down walk
PM: Treadmill - 2.24mi walk @ 16:07
Worked some more on the treadmill and it was feeling better today, but it's still slipping a little bit. Walked until my hamstring was starting to hurt more.
Thursday
AM: Bike - 20mi no target
PM: Treadmill - .81mi, .35mi warm up walk, .46mi @ 12:52 per mi
Bike - 30mi, 1hr 54min, 15.7mph avg, resistance level 3
I was feeling really good on the treadmilll until it got to a point that I couldn't run on it because it was slipping so bad. Had a great ride on the bike though - it wore me out for sure.
Friday
AM: Elliptical - 2.5mi no target
Had good intentions today, but I fell asleep on the couch instead of working out. Yikes!
Saturday
AM: Long Run - Warm up walk no target, 10mi @ 14:49 per mi, cool down walk no target.
I had geared myself up to do this run today and yet I couldn't get myself out the door. I put it off and put it off until I knew it would be too hot to go outside. This is becoming a habit and a problem.
Sunday
Rest Day
Another day of doing nothing.

That's a wrap for this week. Be on the lookout for the Dopey Training Preview post for next week's plan!

1 comments:

Richard said...

Get that hamstring better and the rest of you will follow!

BTW, I do like the new look of the blog setup.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels