2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Dopey Training Review - Week #18

Dopey Training Review - Week #18
MIND CHECK
My mind is still in a good place as far as the workouts go. Still struggling with food and weight, but feeling a bit better. Just need to keep going.
BODY CHECK
Still getting worn out quite easily in terms of working out. Feeling like I can get it back though. Just need to keep at it.
NUTRITION
Did really good the first half of the week and not so great the last half of the week. I'll keep working on it though.
WORKOUT PLAN
Monday
AM: Bike 20 miles no target.
PM: Treadmill .19mi walk
Bike - 20mi, 1hr 15mi, 15.9mph avg, resistance level 3
The treadmill belt was slipping a lot and I just didn't feel like working on it tonight. Got a good ride in on the bike though - sore and tired at the end of the ride.
Tuesday
AM: Easy Run - Warm up walk, 3mi @ 14:34 per mi, cool down walk
PM: Treadmill 3.55mi - .29mi warm up walk, 3mi @ 15:31 per mi, .26mi cool down walk
No problems with the treadmill today - weird. I noticed that I'm having some trouble pushing myself on the treadmill. Like I'm afraid of hurting myself or something. Not sure if it's just because I'm not comfortable with my stride or what's happening. Had to walk more than I wanted.
Wednesday
AM: Elliptical 2mi no target.
PM: Elliptical - 2.06mi, 53mins, 3502 revolutions, resistance level 1, ramp 10, 20, 30,40,30,20,10 500 revolutions each
Wow - I haven't done elliptical in quite a while. That darn near killed me...in a good way of course. Need to re-tighten all the bolts as I was getting a clunking noise - didn't affect the way it felt, just annoying noise. Got a good workout and will keep moving forward.
Thursday
AM: Tempo Run - Warm up walk no target, 3mi @ 12:49 per mi, cool down walk no target.
PM: Treadmill - 5.47mi, .25mi warm up walk, 1mi @ 15:52 per mi, 3mi @ 14:48 per mi, 1mi @ 15:31 per mi, .22mi cool down walk
Did okay on the five miles - very tired at the end though. I was a lot slower than planned. Oh well, at least I got the miles in.
Friday
AM: Walk 4mi no target.
No work out today. Figured I'd save my legs for the long run tomorrow.
Saturday
AM: Long Run - Warm up walk no target, 13.1mi @ 14:25 per mi, cool down walk no target.
AM: Treadmill - .19mi walk :(
Today was just not my day. I am so frustrated - the treadmill belt slipped to the right this time. Worked to get that fixed and worked on it and worked on it...Finally got that fixed and the belt centered. Started up again. Then the belt was slipping so badly that I couldn't even walk on it. After two hours of working on the darn thing I gave up. I was sore and tired from messing with the belt and it was too late for me to go outside (too hot and sunny)....Now I'm just depressed because once again I have to give up on a long run. UGH - these machines are going to be the death of me. I'll get the treadmill situated, I just need to have patience - something that's hard to do when you just want to workout.
Sunday
Rest Day
Apparently, I pulled my left hamstring pretty good yesterday while working on the treadmill...I just thought it was tight and cramped, but not so much today. I pulled a muscle. Thought about taking the dogs for a walk, but then thought better about it. So, I did yard work today - got all the weeds cut down and cleaned up in the backyard - no more forest :).

That's a wrap for this week. Be on the lookout for the Dopey Training Preview post for next week's plan!

1 comments:

Richard said...

Sorry to hear about your hamstring, hope it heals up quick for you. In the long run I am more worried about your mental preparations than your physical training, but you do seem to be headed in the right direction both mentally and physically (even with the various challenges you have had of late).

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels