2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Thanks for the Advice - Change of Plans

Thank you all for your advice regarding the Grand Canyon Full Marathon.  Megan - there is a half marathon as well - I believe the course description says this whole race is along the rim of the Grand Canyon which would be just beautiful!

I think I'm going to have to skip this one.  I'd love to do it, but there's quite a bit of expense involved for me to do it - the race fee, the park entrance fee, travel, hotel, pet sitting, etc....I think I'd rather have the extra money for January than try this one this year.  I do think I'll have to try it at some point in time as I'm sure it would be a great event.

I just learned that there is going to be a Women's Half Marathon here in Scottsdale, AZ on November 7th.  The same weekend as the Grand Canyon Marathon.  This is a local race for me.  I am planning on doing this event.  I'm trying to talk my co-worker in to doing it with me - if she does it will be a race we'll walk because she's not a runner.

So the plan is to do a full marathon length run on the weekend before and then walk the half the next weekend.  I think this will work for me. 

I'm pretty excited about this race because I really wanted to do it last year (the inaugural race), but it was in FL and funds just weren't available.  It's a woman's specific race and I can't wait to give it a go.  They are very lenient on pace - 4.5 hours to finish, 20 minutes per mile.  I think my friend and I can easily keep this pace :)!

So, that's where my thinking is right now...

2 comments:

Richard said...

That sounds like a great local race to try and it's never bad to save on money for a coming Disney trip.

Rae! said...

Local is always good. Extra money for a Disney race is always a plus. What's it like in your parts in Nov.? Grand canyon good for next year . And it is always fun to have someone to race with even walking. ;)

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels