2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Dopey Training Review - Week # 12

Dopey Training Review - Week #12
MIND CHECK
I feel like I'm doing pretty good mentally.  I finally feel ready to put in a lot of hard work to get my fitness back where it should be.  Still struggling with the eating and stress, but I'm working on it.
BODY CHECK

My back is about 90% back to normal.  Still some pain now and then, but overall I feel a whole lot better.  I got in some good miles on the bike and a few miles on the treadmill this week.  That's more than I've done in a month now so I'm very happy with that.

NUTRITION
Still not going very well on this front.  I had some good days this week and some bad days this week.  I was at least conscious of when I was not doing my best and I'll have to take that as a positive sign right now.  I'm not going to stress about this.  I think it's more important that I get back to working out regularly.
WORKOUT PLAN
Monday
AM: Easy Run - Warm up walk no target, 3 miles @ 14:48 per mile, cool down walk no target.
Didn't manage to get anything good going today.  I didn't get out and run, I didn't walk, I didn't do anything.  To top it off I didn't do very well in terms of food today either.
Tuesday
AM: Bike - 15 miles no target.
PM: Run/Walk - 1.3 miles on the treadmill - Weight Loss Level 8 Workout 1, 20 minutes
        Bike - 15 miles, 16.2mph average, 55 minutes, resistance level 3
Oh boy am I out of shape.  20 minutes on the treadmill almost killed me and I couldn't keep up with the incline levels on the workout and had to keep lowering the intensiy.  Then I hopped on the bike and man were my legs sore by the end of the 15 miles.  This was a real wakeup call for me - I have to get moving again. I did a lot better on food today.
Wednesday
AM: Easy Run - Warm up walk no target, 3 miles @ 14:48 per mile, cool down walk no target.
PM: Bike - 26.2 miles, 14.8mph average, 1hr 46min, resistance level 2
I wanted to run today, but by the time I got home my feet were very swollen and my legs were tight so I opted for the bike instead.  My rear is a bit sore from two long sessions on the bike in a row.  I ordered  my elliptical today - I'm excited to get that back in the workout rotation.
Thursday
AM: Walk - 4 miles no target.
PM: Run/Walk - 2.49 miles on the treadmill, Weight lost workout level 6 workout 1, 20 minutes then a little walk/jog session
Another good food day today.  I also realized today that I need to get myself going.  I realized that I've been doing a lot of excuse making and that it leads to garbage in/garbage out.  I decided that I need to revise my workout plan to account for my lack of fitness.  Same intensity, but revised schedule and speeds to make it plausible and still reach my goals.
Friday
AM: Bike - 20 miles no target.
I took today off and ate too much.  Not a stellar day.  I still feel like I've made good progress so far this week and I'll reach my goals.
Saturday
AM: Easy Run - Warm up walk no target, 5 miles @ 14:48 per mile, cool down walk no target.
AM: Easy Run - Treadmill workout, 5.4 miles, warm up walk .5mi, 5mi @ 13:57 per mile, .15mi cool down.
All be darned - I managed to do 5 miles on the treadmill today.  Not only did I get the distance in, but I was able to keep a steady pace and I didn't have to walk until the very end.  The treadmill is great.  I felt good running on it and I think it's going to be good for me as I realized as I got tired that I completely changed my running form - not for the better.  I probably wouldn't have noticed this on the road.  I have to work on keeping my form the same so I can stay more proficient/efficient and go further.  Overall it made me feel pretty good to get the distance in.  I used the MP3 input on the treadmill to plug the iPod in and listen to music while I ran - very nice, easy to hear and the sound quality wasn't bad at all.  I was also able to read while I ran which kept my mind off the distance display and made time go quicker.
Sunday
AM: Walk - 3 miles no target.
AM: Walk - 3.13 miles @ 15:30 per mile.
Took the dogs out for a nice walk this morning.  It was a good way to end the week and I felt good that I got out and did this today.

That's a wrap for this week. Be on the lookout for the Dopey Training Preview post for next week's plan!

2 comments:

Richard said...

It's good to see you back on track--even your posts are more upbeat.

Amanda said...

Thanks Richard - I'm working on it!

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels