2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Dopey Training Review - Week #11

Dopey Training Review - Week #11
MIND CHECK
My mind knows what I have to do.  I am going to do it.  I may not get where I want to be in terms of food and weight, but I am going to get my fitness and endurance back up.  I feel motivated to get to that point again.  Finally!
BODY CHECK
By Tuesday my back finally started feeling better.  Oh my goodness, what a relief that is!  I am able to do the bike again and I finally feel ready to put some miles on my feet!  Yes!
NUTRITION
I can't even claim that I'm trying in this area.  I am a stress eater and while the stress has been a bit better lately, it's still high enough that I find myself looking to food for comfort.  I will try at some point, but fitness is going to come first right now.
WORKOUT PLAN
Monday
AM: Easy Run - Warm up walk no target, 2 miles @ 12:47 per mile, cool down walk no target.
No workout today.  My back was twinging pretty good and I just wasn't up to trying to do a workout and hurting more.
Tuesday
AM: Walk - 4 miles no target.
PM: Bike - 15 miles, 57 minutes, 15.7 mph, resistance level 3
I got on the bike today.  While I had a couple of twinges in my back, I was able to get a good 15 mile ride in.  I am really glad I got the bike - it is a great cross training tool and I definitely feel it when I'm done.
Wednesday
AM: Easy Run - Warm up walk no target, 3 miles @ 12:47 per mile, cool down walk no target.
My back is still feeling pretty good today, but I don't want to push it so I took it easy today.
Thursday
AM: Bike - 20 miles no target.
PM: Bike - 16 miles, 1 hour, 15.8 mph, resistance level 3
Got another good ride in on the bike today.  Felt really good and no problem with my back today.  I know I've lost a lot of fitness over the last month or so as an hour is about my limit on the bike right now.  Certainly need to work on that.
Friday
AM: Walk - 4 miles no target.
I had good intentions today, but I got off work early, came home, sat on the couch and promptly fell asleep.  I guess all the sleepless nights caught up with me.
Saturday
AM: Long Run - Warm up walk no target, 5 miles @ 12:47 per mile, cool down walk no target.
AM: Walk - 2.8 miles, 16:09 minutes per mile.
        Run - Treadmill .92 miles, 15 minutes per mile
        Run - Treadmill Repeats 1 mile, 15 minutes per mile
It felt so good to get outside with the dogs today.  We went on a nice easy walk and I threw in a couple of short jogging segments to see if my back would hold up to the pounding.  Thankfully - everything felt good.  I was very encouraged by this.  I started playing with the treadmill and put another .92 miles on the treadmill of a map course I created, then I did a one mile repeat workout as well.  First time on the treadmill and I really like it a lot - hope I keep liking it.
Sunday
Rest
While I really want to get back on the treadmill today I'm going to have to give it a rest.  After yesterday I am feeling a lot of the same pain in my back and I don't want to overdo it and make it worse.  I'll take it easy today and hit it hard again tomorrow!

That's a wrap for this week. Be on the lookout for the Dopey Training Preview post for next week!

1 comments:

Richard said...

It's good to see you getting back on track, I now it's hard on you when you just can't get it done through no fault of your own.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels