2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Dopey Training Review - Week #7

Dopey Training Review - Week #7
MIND CHECK
Still having a lot of trouble with getting my mind around eating right and not skipping workouts. I know how important they are, but I'm having trouble convincing myself to do what I have to do. I know work stress is still playing a part and I'm not sure how to get around that at this point. It stinks because I really like the people I work with, it's just hard to work there right now. Need to get over it and just keep my head down and do my job the best I can I guess. Definitely time to crack down on the weight gain and start treating my body better for sure.
BODY CHECK
It's been a rough week on my body. First it was getting my right pinky toe to start healing and allow me to walk on it without trouble. Once I got that under control it was time for my fourth half marathon. That race kicked my butt - in so many ways. While I feel a little bit better today, I can still hardly walk. My legs are so sore after those hills. It really pointed out the flaws in my lack of training this last month that's for sure. I really need to quit slacking and get myself back in to better shape. I don't want my next Disney races to be this hard.
NUTRITION
What can I say about this? I've been indulging every single whim I've had regarding food. Instead of losing weight I'm gaining. My clothes don't fit well and I'm uncomfortable in my own skin. I need to stop this cycle and do better here. Why is it that I have had two weekends where walking around a grocery store just isn't possible? Must grocery shop tomorrow and do a better job with choices for the week.
WORKOUT PLAN
Monday
AM: Bike - 10 miles, no pace target
PM: Bike - 15 miles, 15.7mph average, resistance level 3
Thankfully, my right pinky toe was fine to bike tonight. I was able to put my running shoes on which I couldn't do this weekend. I think I'll probably have a little pain during the half, but I'll be okay!
Tuesday
AM: Bike - 15 miles, no pace target
PM: Bike - 12.5 miles, 15.6mph average, resistance level 3
Toe is still sore to walk on, but at least I got some miles in on the bike tonight. I was going to go for 15, but I just wasn't feeling it tonight so I decided to take it easy.
Wednesday
AM: Easy Run - Warm up walk, 4 miles @ 14:48 per mile, cool down walk
Still have a sore toe and I'm afraid of trying to run on it. Worked on prepping the workout room for painting tonight.
Thursday
AM: Easy Run - Warm up walk, 4 miles @ 14:48 per mile, cool down walk
Still having trouble with the cut on my toe, but it is getting better. Running shoes are still causing a little pain so I skipped the run again today and painted the ceiling in the workout room instead.
Friday
AM: Walk - 4 miles no pace target
Why workout now right? After all I have a half marathon tomorrow what good is this going to do me....Wrong, but that's what I told myself. I did more painting in the workout room tonight. Tried not to do too much since I have to get up early for the race tomorrow.
Saturday
AM: Run for Ryan's House Half Marathon
AM: Run for Ryan's House Half Marathon - 13:37 per mile, 2:58:50 chip time
Well, this one definitely was the biggest challenge I've ever had in a race for sure. The elevation gain was not subtle - it was just a long continuous climb the entire first half of the race. I think I would have been better if there were some breaks between hills. There was no letting up, it was relentless. My left hip is incredibly bad and my right is suffering from supporting the left. I did finish the race even when I wanted to quit more times than I can count. Talk about back of the pack - I was 451 out of 457 runners. This really pointed out all my problem areas. Now I just have to convince myself to do something about it!
Sunday
Rest
I am definitely resting today. I can walk, but boy does it hurt. My whole body kind of feels like I've been run over. I'm sure it will start easing up tomorrow as long as I don't push myself too hard in recovery. This race was a good lesson for me and I'll do my best to improve upon where I am right now.

That's a wrap for this week. Be on the lookout for the Dopey Training Preview post for next week!

1 comments:

Richard said...

I've had some of those nutrition issues, too--chocolate and ice cream have been my downfall. You had nearly 5 hours worth of training last week and I think that is pretty good.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels