2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Dopey Training Review - Week #10

Dopey Training Review - Week #10
MIND CHECK
Travelling for work has made it tough this week, but I kept my focus and managed to get some workouts in. Unfortunately, my food choices weren't perfect and my back is not better yet. It's been a rough road right now and I feel very behind where I should be physically.
BODY CHECK
Still taking it slow so the body can completely heal. Got a couple of workouts in at the beginning of the week and I'm glad I was able to do that. Unfortunately, I've been back to nothing for most of the week as I can't get my back to ease up. Going to try to get some slow runs and walks in this next week and hopefully it will feel better.
NUTRITION
Eating at the hotel and in restaurants all week has been bad and I certainly didn't make the best choices, but I'll do better. I'll work at the food some more. I think I'm going to try to focus on getting energy from food this week.
WORKOUT PLAN
Monday
AM: Whatever I can fit in.
AM: Bike - 17.5mi, 46 minutes
Used the bike at the hotel and managed to get 17.5 miles in. This didn't bother my back too much and I felt that was a good sign. Hopefully, I can get more miles in this week and start getting my cardio back up and my body used to the work again.
Tuesday
AM: Whatever I can fit in.
AM: Treadmill - .25mi warm up walk, 1mi @ 13:20, .25mi cool down walk
AM: Cross Ramp - 1mi
I started out on the treadmill - this is the first time I've run since the half marathon on March 6th. My back was really sore last night so I didn't want to over do it. Felt okay. Then I jumped on the Cross Ramp - it was a little harder on my back, but I managed to get a mile in on it. I was going to do the normal elliptical today, but it was too clunky so I changed my plan.
Wednesday
AM: Whatever I can fit in.
No work out today. My back is back to pretty painful. I was having trouble sleeping and then sitting all day. Will have to take it easy again for a few days.
Thursday
AM: Whatever I can fit in.
Same as yesterday...The back is still sore and rather than make it worse I decided to skip the workuot. Will have to see how it goes the next few days.
Friday
AM: Whatever I can fit in.
Today was a travel day 5.25 hours on a plane and I was more than ready to be home and stretch my back out. It was tough to sit that long.
Saturday
AM: Whatever I can fit in.
The couch and ice bags got a workout today, but I sure didn't. Really wanting to feel better soon so I can get some miles in and start building my fitness back up.
Sunday
Rest
Nothing new right now. Still trying to get my back feeling better. Going to try to walk tomorrow and see how it goes.

That's a wrap for this week. Be on the lookout for the Dopey Training Review post at the end of the week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels