2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Schwinn 140 Upright, Elliptical and Treadmill

I bought a stationary bike today....I'm very excited! I bought a Schwinn 140 Upright. It has 16 levels of resistance, custom programs, 17 pre-programmed workouts and works for people up to 300 pounds. I got it all put together and did a quick .5 mile to see how it feels - like it better than the gym bike based on the quick try. Then a little later I set up my profile and did another .5 mile to see if I could figure out some of the programming - like all machines it will take a little bit to get used to which buttons to press to do what, but it's pretty easy so far.

Going to take this bike for a seven mile spin in the morning and see how it goes.

I've also decided which elliptical I'm going to get. It's a Proform with an automatic ramp that changes the stride length from 19 - 24 inches - I tried it at the store today and really liked it. It also has iFit card compatibility which could be kind of fun. I would have got it today, but it won't fit in the back of my Santa Fe so I'll have to rent or borrow a truck from someone to get it home. I'd have it delivered, but it would cost $99 to deliver it. Yikes!

I am still torn between a few different treadmills all around the $1000 range. I kind of want one that has iFit WiFi compatibility. This would be cool as you can use any existing Google Map routes and the module will get the course and automatically adjust the incline based on the course information. You can also create your own courses and upload them to the treadmill. Seriously, how cool would it be to run the Boston Marathon on your treadmill? I really like the idea. It's very difficult to find reliable reviews on treadmills though. I'll probably stew on this one for a little bit longer before I bite the bullet and purchase one.

One of the other things I did this weekend was buy frames for a bunch of unframed Disney prints I have. I finally framed my D23 print, a Magic Kingdom party print, the four parks prints, the 2008 Disneyland poster made out of participant photos (yep, I'm in it), a print from the Contemporary for the opening of Bay Lake Tower. Then I got frames for all of my half marathon medals/bibs/pins - just need to put these together now. All of these things are going to go in my workout room when I get everything ready to go - including a new ceiling fan :)!

Considering how great I've been this weekend I actually did get some things accomplished which feels pretty good!

5 comments:

Richard said...

If I was in the market for a treadmill, I'd get one of those with the Google Map feature also. Maybe that'll be an upgrade for me when my girls move out.
You are definitely about to take a big leap forward in training, just try not to overdo things too fast.

Chris said...

You sound like you have alot of energy, that's great! Love purchasing new equipment as well, gives you a boost for sure knowing you have other options than going to the gym.

With the treadmills, there are some pretty cool ones out there, technology speaking, but just try to balance that with the hard core function of the machine. The motor, deck, and warranty! As you mentioned, this thing has got to be your closest friend during the summer, so make sure you pick a "friend" that won't break down on you when you need it most. ;-) Have you taken a look at consumer reports? Other than that, I agree that the information on the web is so-so.

Enjoy the bike and elliptical! Goofy's out there....let's go get him!

Matt said...

Awesome! I really want a bike, but I can't decide if I want a stationary or a "real" one...

Rae! said...

Cool. Where are you finding all of this?? The treadmills sounds really neat.
I am sooooo glad you feel good about this. You needed some up beat happy feelings!!
Goofy on!!

Jeff W. said...

Congrats on your purchase. That will go along way toward miles. Funny you mentioned frames. I when to Michaels this weekend and bought shadow boxes for medals and Disney Pins.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels