2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Dopey Training Review - Week #6

Dopey Training Review - Week #6
MIND CHECK
Wow, another week gone. It hasn't been the best of weeks. I didn't get any running in and I have a half marathon next week. In fact, I haven't run in over two weeks. Goodness, that's really not a good thing is it? Well, it will be interesting no matter what happens.
BODY CHECK
I was planning on running a long run this weekend. So, why didn't I you ask. On my way home from work on Friday I thought I'd get out and run that night, but then I thought no, I'll do it tomorrow instead. I really wanted to keep pulling the tile out of the workout room so I could get it painted. I got home, ate dinner and started pulling out tile. Now, if you've ever done this you know it's grueling work. It's hard on the arms and hands, back and legs as you are up and down from the floor, using so sort of tool to pry up the tile and that's enough, but I had to go and hurt myself. I started pulling the tile out on Thursday and I put a stack of removed broken tile right outside the door. I forgot I put it there and as I was carrying a bucket of tile out to the garbage and stubbed my foot on the broken tile. Didn't think a lot about it, other than it hurt very badly. Took the garbage out, came back and thought I'd better see if that's bleeding. Bleeding was an understatement - my pinky toe was gushing blood. Great and man did it hurt. Thought I might have to go in for stitches, but I wrapped it up in gauze and gave it time to stop bleeding. My pinky toe has this cut from the outside edge all the way around to the top and right along the base of my toe nail. Cut is a bit of an understatement I guess. It's deep, but at least the bleeding stopped. It kept me up all night, every time something would brush it, even through the wrappings, it was painful. I couldn't walk much Friday night or Saturday and I couldn't even put my foot in Crocs. It's better today, but shoes are still out. Hoping it will be better by Friday because I got a half marathon Saturday!
NUTRITION
I did pretty good until Saturday when I couldn't go out to get food so guess who had food delivered. Bad idea I know, but I really wasn't up to walking around a store. I'll jump back on track this next week and keep going. Really hate that I've gained weight this month.
WORKOUT PLAN
Monday
AM: Easy Run - 4 miles @ 14:48 per mile
PM: Advanced Body Slimming 20 Minute Pilates Workout
It was a nothing day again today. I am still fighting this migraine and just wasn't feeling great. I sound like such a whiner - I don't like that.
Tuesday
AM: Bike - 20 miles, no pace target
PM: Bike - 26.2miles, 15.5mph average, resistance level 3
So, I did my first marathon today - okay, so it was on a bike, but I figured I'd better start somewhere. I'm still not feeling 100%, but I feel good about my bike ride tonight. My legs are tired and that's good for a change.
Wednesday
AM: Tempo - Warm up walk, 1 mile warm up run, 3 miles @ 13:22 per mile, 1 mile cool down run, cool down walk
PM: P90X Back & Biceps
PM: Bike - 10 miles, 17mph average, resistance level 4
Rough week. I really wasn't going to work out at all today, but at least I jumped on the bike and got a few miles in. By the way, reading a sad book that makes you cry while biking makes the workout a lot rougher :).
Thursday
AM: Easy Run - Warm up walk, 4 miles @ 14:48 per mile, cool down walk
PM: P90X AbRipperX
No workouts today...Unless you count starting to pull tile out of the workout room. Didn't get too far, but at least I got it started.
Friday
AM: Walk - 4 miles no pace target
PM: Pilates 20 Minute Circle Workout
Silly me. I was going to run tonight, but then I thought it would be better to pull tile out. My pinky toe wishes I would have run instead!
Saturday
Long Run - Warm up walk, 9 miles @ 14:48 per mike, cool down walk
Crud - no long run today. I can't even walk on my cut up pinky toe. Oh, this is not good for the half marathon in a week. Yikes! I did continue pulling out tile in the workout room.
Sunday
Rest
I now have a bruised right hand to go with my cut right pinky toe. It's tough work pulling tile out, but it is all gone from the workout room and I will be able to start painting this week. I'll get that darn treadmill setup yet :)!

That's a wrap for this week. Be on the lookout for the Dopey Training Preview post for next week's plan!

1 comments:

Richard said...

Ouch, ouch, ouch!
Be careful and take care of yourself so you can get back into things.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels