2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Dopey Training Review - Week #4

Dopey Training Review - Week #4
MIND CHECK
This was not a good week for me. I just didn't have the ability to make myself workout the way I should have. I lost my willpower towards the end of the week in terms of my eating as well. I just blew it all the way around this week. I'll do my best to get back on track this next week and quit letting my stress get the best of me.
BODY CHECK
What can I say about this. I was up a couple of pounds on Monday - and I'm pretty sure I'll be up a couple more tomorrow. No excuses - I just haven't been doing a good job on the eating front. I feel okay in terms of fitness, but I need to get my running miles back up where they should be. I've been slacking on running because I'm tired of running the same routes. Thankfully the bike helped me get some miles in this week!
NUTRITION
Awful sums up this week pretty well. I'm just not doing good here. I get frustrated that what I'm eating isn't filling me up and that eating more home cooked meals aren't helping. I think I might go back to my old methods for a couple of weeks and see if it will help me jumpstart my weight loss a bit more.
WORKOUT PLAN
Red indicates actual workout. Blue contains comments for that day.
Monday
AM: Stationary Bike - 7 miles, no pace target
PM: P90X Chest & Back
PM: Bike - 10 miles, 15.6mph average
First time using the new bike. I was concerned because I haven't biked in quite a while and I wasn't sure how much I could do. I love my new bike! It's way more comfortable than the ones at the gym - my rear didn't get sore and I was able to adjust the seat to the perfect height and fore/aft position. I didn't get the bike to become a biker - it's to mix it up and gain some strength in the calves and other parts of my legs. This bike will do that for me. I'm not trying to be a biker, but at some point I will probably get an outdoor mountain bike so I can ride in the cool weather.
Tuesday
AM: Walk - 3 miles, no pace target
PM: Pilates 20 minute circle workout
PM: Walk - 3.17 miles at 16:31 per mile
Took the dogs out for a nice leisurely stroll tonight - they were pully monsters tonight, but hey, bonus upper body workout right? I feel pretty good today. Hoping to get some two a day workouts in soon!
Wednesday
AM: Tempo - Warm up walk, 1 mile warm up run, 3 miles @ 13:22 per mile, 1 mile cool down run, cool down walk
PM: P90X Plyometrics (maybe, depends how the leg is feeling)
PM: Bike - 10 miles at 16.4mph average
Still having trouble getting up in the mornings. I know it's just because of stress and I'm working on it. I'll get there. I was supposed to run today, but I felt like biking instead. So, that's what I did. I'm doing okay on food so far this week - hopefully I can keep that going.
Thursday
AM: Easy Run - Warm up walk, 4 miles @ 14:48 per mile, cool down walk
PM: Pilates advanced body slimming 20 minute workout
Well, what can I say? I didn't do anything today. I had to work late again tonight and by the time I got home I was ready for dinner and bed. Ugh.
Friday
AM: Easy Run - Warm up walk, 4 miles @ 14:48 per mile, cool down walk
PM: P90X AbRipperX
I headed in to work early today so no morning workout and while I planned on working out tonight it just didn't happen. I was looking at a new elliptical on line at Sports Authority and I wanted to head to the store to check it out. Good thing I did because I did not like the choppy stride at all - so glad I didn't just order this one. Got home late again and just blew off my work out - I know, lazy, lazy.
Saturday
Long Run - Warm up walk, 9 miles @ 14:48 per mike, cool down walk
Don't yell at me, I'm beating myself up enough. I did not make it out the door again today. Ridiculous because I was looking forward to this run, but I just couldn't get up and get going and before I knew it I was headed to the theater to see Mary Poppins. I need to quit putting these runs off and I know that.
Sunday
Lost Dutchman 8K Trail Run - I'll be doing this with friends so it will mostly be walking...Good way to end the week.
At least I made it out to the race today. It was a beautiful day. I didn't get a lot of running in on this one, but that's okay it was still some miles and it got me out of the house. Hoping next week is better!

That's a wrap for this week. Be on the lookout for the next Dopey Training Preview post and next week's review post!

1 comments:

Richard said...

Looks like it worked out to be an OK week, it just had life's other events get in the way. That happens from time to time to everyone. (No beating you up here.) Looks like the new bike will work out for you and that is a good thing.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels