2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Added a Half Marathon

Just registered for the Run for Ryan's House Half Marathon on March 6, 2010 in Scottsdale, Arizona. That's just three weeks away. I'm a little nervous about this one as the first 6.5-7 miles is uphill - I'm not trained for hills. I'd love to PR, but I think I'm just going to take this one as it comes.

This will be my first half marathon outside of Disney. That's kind of exciting and nerve wracking at the same time. Maybe it will be more like a training run for me than anything else...I can hope right?
I was shooting for a half in April, but I wouldn't have been able to make it to packet pickup and it's several hours away from home. This race is only about an hour away from home and I hope that it may be a smaller race. They say that only the first 600 participants will get medals, but I have no idea how many people are registered or how many they are going to allow. It should be an adventure.
I signed up for the Athena group - even if I was at my goal weight I'd be in the Athena group for this race. It's for women over 140 pounds - that's the lowest I've seen yet.

Wish me luck - I think I'm going to need it :)!

Here's the elevation for the race.

2 comments:

Richard said...

I think I'd have a love/hate relationship with that elevation chart, but I think it'll make for a good race and it will be great training for you.
Good luck and have a great time!!!

-Chris in Georgia said...

Just take it slow and steady. Count it less as a race, and more as endurance training or a hard workout. Remember that ANY run is beneficial.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels