2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Added Another Race-Thinking About a Half

I added another race to the roster for March. The 8K St. Patty's Day Race. This will be the second time I've done this one. I had my 8K PR there last year a week after running the Princess Half Marathon. It's a pretty flat course, but it'll be after a long run the day before so we'll see how it goes.

I've been playing with an idea of doing a half marathon in April, but I'm just not sure about the timing. It's a pretty flat course and I may walk it with my friend that I walked with today. We'll see though. It's also a week before another of my races.

I would love to find an early fall marathon to try, but right now they'd all require travel and that's just not in the budget right now. I'll keep checking though, maybe something will pop up that I'll be able to do. It might be good to test the distance before the Goofy. Of course, I may discover that I can't do it and that would crush me because I'm doing the Goofy even if I have to crawl the whole way :)!

3 comments:

Richard said...

I can tell you from my experience that a pre-Goofy marathon might be nice to do the distance, but I would say that it is not necessary. The training runs will tell you that you are ready for Goofy when you get those done.
However, if you can fit one in, there's no reason not to try it either, as long as you are prepared for it.

Chris said...

You could look at it another way...if you take in a fall marathon and have trouble, you still have a couple of months to put yourself in place for the Goof. My personal fear is failing on the Goof itself and if I'm not going to make it (or need to adjust HOW I do it) then I want to know as early as possible. The Goof is going to be pure magic for me (in my own head anyhow).

You are now dubbed "Race-Girl"!! Holy Guacamole! You're going to need another dresser just to store the race T's! LOL

You're doing great, keep the momentum up!

-Chris in Georgia said...

Awesome - absolutely awesome.

By entering, you have exceeded what 96% of the rest of America will NEVER do!

Train smart, train hard, run your hardest.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels