2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Day 5K

I just got home from my first race of the year. This was a local running company race and this was the third year that I've run it. There were over 300 participants this year.

The course is good - it has a pretty good hill right at the beginning and a couple of little hills through the course. Now, understand I live in AZ - it's very flat around my house and I don't have hills easily accessible for training so any little hill is big to me, especially mentally!

I was hoping for 35 minutes or less today, but that wasn't to be...The good thing about the race was that I finished the entire race without walking. I'm happy about that. I finished in 36:11 - it wasn't horrible, but certainly not my best. I was also concentrating on consistent running - no speeding up, slowing down, speeding up...I did pretty good with this today.

I didn't go out to kill myself and I feel pretty good now so I think this was a good warm up for next week's races in WDW. I am excited to race in FL, but also a bit apprehensive. I know I'll finish, but I'd love to start the year with a new half marathon PR :)!


P.S. I can't believe that I'll be running another 5K in exactly a week and the following day a half marathon....Can you say excited? I can and I am!

4 comments:

Matt said...

Only a minute short from your goal, so you still did well. Congrats!

Is this your first half at WDW?

Richard said...

Good work on the 5K, I ran a bit more than that today and had trouble getting myself motivated to continue. It sounds like you're doing well to keep motivated right now. That was great that you made it all the way without walking!

Amanda said...

I've done a 15K and a Half Marathon at WDW...So this will be my second Half at WDW :)!

Princess Fee said...

I am so excited for you running the half this week! Are you looking forward to it? I can't wait to hear all about it - good luck on both the 5k and Half, and way to go on the New Year's Day 5k!

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels