2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Dopey Training Review - Week #2

Dopey Training Review - Week #1
MIND CHECK
Watch out Goofy because here I come! Wow, I feel really mentally tough right now. It was a little tough when I wasn't feeling good earlier this week, but I ended the week strong and I'm just ready to keep going. I know this whole thing is going to be a mental challenge and I have to stay mentally strong to make it through all the training let alone the races. I can do it though!
BODY CHECK

My allergies have been pretty rough this week, but better this weekend so I can deal with that. I really slacked on the strength training/Pilates this week. I know I need to do it, but it just wasn't happening this week. I'm working on this. Considering the amount of miles I've put in the last couple of weeks I feel strong and getting stronger. It's pretty amazing that I ran almost 80 miles this month and that included a week and a half where I put in no miles. That's up there in mileage for me and it's only going to increase from here!
NUTRITION

So, I must have done something right last week as I lost -5.6 pounds....Really, I know a lot of that was water because my legs finally aren't as swollen as they have been. This week has been good in terms of eating fresh fruits and veggies and cooking my own meals, but calories have been high. I don't think I will be down much this week, but I'm okay with that. I'm still learning and eventually I'll find the right balance to fuel my runs and let me shed some pounds.
WORKOUT SUMMARY
Red text indicates what I actually did. Blue text includes comments on the workout.
Monday

AM: Walk - 3 miles, no pace target
PM: Pilates 20 Minute Ab Sculpting
PM: Pilates 20 Minute Ab Sculpting/ 3.3 mile walk at 16:54 per mile
Overall, workouts were okay today. Did them back to back in the evening because my allergies are still killing me and I just couldn't do it in the morning. Started breaking in a new pair of shoes today - love the padding in new shoes, makes my feet go ahhhh....
Tuesday
AM: Easy Run - warm up walk, 4 miles @ 14:48 per mile, cool down walk
PM: Plyometrics
PM: Easy Run - warm up walk .31 miles, 4 miles @ 12:33 per mile, cool down walk .36 miles
No plyometrics today - my head is so stuffed up from allergies I figured I'd pass out from the inability to breathe. Put off run until tonight. New shoes feeling pretty good, dogs pulled the whole way - my upper body actually hurts from it. Never felt a good rhythm tonight - still not a bad time considering.
Wednesday
AM: Tempo Run - Warm up walk, 1 mile warm up run, 3 miles @ 13:22 per mile, 1 mile cool down run, cool down walk
PM: P90X Back & Biceps
Turned today in to a rest day. Woke up in a foul mood that just won't go away, my head is still way stuffy and the legs are sore. Wow - that's a lot of excuses isn't it? I don't mean to whine, but rather than hurt myself trying to do something I'm not feeling I figured rest was better today. I'll add the miles in later in the week.
Thursday
AM: Easy Run - Warm up walk, 4 miles @ 14:48 per mile, cool down walk
PM: P90X AbRipperX
So, what's my excuse today? I have a list really - head still stuffy, stomach achy and it rained all day. You guessed it - I didn't work out at all again today. I feel guilty, but I'll make up the mileage this weekend. I just need to get past these little health issues so I can refocus and kick some bottom!
Friday
AM: Walk - 4 miles, no pace target
PM: P90X Chest & Shoulders
PM: Walk 5.36 miles @ 16:41 per mile
Took the dogs out for a nice long walk today - we just meandered through neighborhoods building up mileage. Allergies were a little better today so that helped. Still can't get myself up in the morning which is making it almost impossible to get two workouts a day in.
Saturday
Long Run - Warm up walk, 8 miles @ 14:48 per mile, cool down walk
AM: .24 mile warm up walk, 8 miles @ 12:31 per mile, .30 mile cool down walk
Well, I managed to get myself out the door today. The first couple of miles had my mind thinking I wasn't going to do well and would probably walk a lot...Stopped that then and there - better. I did take two small walk breaks - enough to drink a little and catch my breath at mile 5.95 and 6.9 - the rest was running. I took one gel at 4.7 miles - still working on when and what to use during these times. I don't feel much different after I use a gel - would like to find something to actually give my body a boost of energy without caffeine (don't do well with caffeine). Overall a great run today, I feel good about it.
Sunday
Rest
AM: .24 mile warm up walk, 8 miles @ 12:31 per mile, .24 mile cool down walk
I just did something I've never done before. Back to back long runs of equal distance with equal time. It's crazy I know, but I thought there's no time like the present to get my body used to running tired. Funny thing - I didn't feel all that bad when I started out. My body got a little tired at 2.5 miles, but it was more mental than physical and I kept going. I did walk more today - about .5 miles at 3.75 miles and .25 miles at 5.25 miles. I really didn't head out thinking I'd be able to hold the same pace, but turns out I did. I feel mentally tough after this one and physically not to bad - I'm sure I'll be sore and stairs will hurt tomorrow though. I'm just thrilled I did this! No gel today, just used water and really I didn't feel any different than yesterday in terms of energy. That completes a 30 mile week for me.

That's a wrap for this week. Be on the lookout for the Dopey Training Review post at the end of next week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels