2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Dopey Training Preview - Week #3

Dopey Training Preview - Week #3
MIND CHECK
Going to do my best to stay strong mentally. Work on getting my rear out of bed in the mornings so I can do two workouts a day this week.
BODY CHECK
Just need to keep my body in motion this week. Need to get some strength training in for muscle development and some Pilates in for flexibility.
NUTRITION
Ah, the great mystery continues here for me. I'll continue to work on eating "real" food - fresh veggies, fruit, lean protein. I'm going to try to keep the calorie count down in the 1200-1500 range per day - that was hard for me last week so we'll see how it goes this week.
WORKOUT PLAN
Monday
AM: Elliptical - 4 miles, no pace target
PM: Pilates 20 Power Sculpting with Resistance Band
Tuesday
AM: Easy Run - warm up walk, 5 miles @ 14:48 per mile, cool down walk
PM: P90X Shoulders & Arms
Wednesday
AM: Speed - Warm up walk, 1 mile warm up run, 1 mile @ 12:37 per mile, .5 mile recovery jog, 1 mile @ 12:37 per mile, .5 mile recovery jog, 1 mile cool down run, cool down walk
PM: P90X AbRipperX
Thursday
AM: Easy Run - Warm up walk, 4 miles @ 14:48 per mile, cool down walk
PM: P90X Legs & Back
Friday
AM: Walk - 3 miles, no pace target
PM: Pilates 20 Minute Bun & Thigh Sculpting
Saturday
Long Run - Warm up walk, 8 miles @ 14:48 per mike, cool down walk
Sunday
Rest

That's a wrap for this week. Be on the lookout for the Dopey Training Review post at the end of the week!

3 comments:

Chris said...

I like the process you are taking for your training, a very managed approach. Just remember that improvisation sometimes is a great thing for training as well ;-) But honestly, I wish I were this organized!

Thanks for the comments on the blog, and flattering my "speed". It's all relative though. If you take a look at my 5k times (the first one from March of 08 in particular) it came in at a whopping 31:38 and I barely finished! and that's no joke, I was huffin' and puffin' after I finished that one, you'd have thought there were three little pigs around. :-)

Gooofy, Goooofy, Gooofy!!!!!

Matt said...

Sounds good! Hopefully I can catch up with you this month.

How is P90X working for you? I have a friend that has a "copy" of it and offered to give me a "copy" of it. Is it worth committing copyright infringement over?

Justin said...

Good luck this week. With a schedule like that, I'm glad you worked in a rest day at the end. You're going to need it!

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels