2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Dopey Training Preview - Week #2

Dopey Training Preview - Week #2
MIND CHECK
Looking forward to working out hard this week. Feeling like I can accomplish my goals and make some progress. I have a long way to go, but I think I'm ready.
BODY CHECK
I remember what sore feels like and I think I'll be feeling it again this week :). I think my body is recovering nicely from the half marathon and I expect to keep moving forward in terms of my running. I'm adding in more Pilates and P90X this week so that'll be a challenge.
NUTRITION
Need to work on controlling my cravings this week. I caught myself eating too much peanut butter last week and I'm not sure why except that I think it was a stress reaction. Need to keep in touch with my feelings more to prevent these sorts of things. I will continue to cook as many meals per week as I can. I am going to allow one day per week for pre-packaged food - if I use it fine, but if not that's even better.
WORKOUT PLAN
Just a note on my running plan - I'll be doing a half marathon maintenance plan for 10 weeks or so, then I'll start the first of two marathon training plans.
Monday
AM: Walk - 3 miles, no pace target
PM: Pilates 20 Minute Ab Sculpting
Tuesday
AM: Easy Run - warm up walk, 4 miles @ 14:48 per mile, cool down walk
PM: Plyometrics
Wednesday
AM: Tempo Run - Warm up walk, 1 mile warm up run, 3 miles @ 13:22 per mile, 1 mile cool down run, cool down walk
PM: P90X Back & Biceps
Thursday
AM: Easy Run - Warm up walk, 4 miles @ 14:48 per mile, cool down walk
PM: P90X AbRipperX
Friday
AM: Walk - 4 miles, no pace target
PM: P90X Chest & Shoulders
Saturday
Long Run - Warm up walk, 8 miles @ 14:48 per mike, cool down walk
Sunday
Rest

That's a wrap for this week. Be on the lookout for the Dopey Training Review post at the end of the week!

4 comments:

Richard said...

I like your schedule. At first I thought there was not enough rest but then I saw the Friday and Monday workouts were not runs. I'd love to get that much running into a week, but I have a tri to get ready for and have a bike I have been neglecting.

I have a hard time with peanut butter, too--organic (only peanuts and maybe a small amount of salt on the ingredients list) and whole grain bread have become my favorite snack of late.

Chris said...

Aggressive schedule for sure, but it will whip you into shape in no time. Just don't burn yourself out, listen to your body if you start to lose a little motivation.

Oh, and man, I LOVE peanut butter too. Peanut butter on CheezIT's....weird, I know, but it's a weakness. However, there is some good protein in there, just gotta figure out how to limit the quantity. :-)

Goofy Awaits!

MikeF. said...

I love the schedule. As everyone has already said just listen to your body and do not burn yourself out.

Rae! said...

I like this one much better than last week. Whip out the loose it app.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels