2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Monday, January 18, 2010

Dopey Training Preview - Week #1

Dopey Training Preview - Week #1
Expect the format of these posts to change a bit as I figure out what works and what doesn't.

MIND CHECK
As I have spent hours trying to put together my training plan for the Dopey Challenge it occurred to me just what I've gotten myself in to. The excitement of the WDW Marathon Weekend certainly made me feel more confident than I do now. That's not to say that I can't or won't do this, because even though I'm completely freaked out. I am also super determined to make it through this. I want those medals so bad I can see them hanging around my neck! I wanted the fear to fuel my workouts and I think that will help me a lot this year. It will be interesting to see how this mindset of mine changes over the weeks.

I'm seriously considering buying a treadmill, elliptical and stationary bike. I would like to have my own home gym so that I can cancel my gym membership and use the machines at home to get my cross training and what not done on my time. I know for sure I'll be buying a treadmill because I won't be able to to do my long runs outside this summer in the extreme heat.

BODY CHECK
I expect this week to be tough on me...Getting back in to the swing of running and adding second workouts on several days will be a challenge and I'm going to be sore. I took the week after the half marathon off to rest and recover and that will either help or hurt me....We'll see!

I'm also going back to weighing myself on Monday mornings only. I've been weighing daily and while I do like this, I think the element of surprise might work in my favor and hopefully help me stay honest with my eating everyday.

NUTRITION
Notice that I am not using the word diet. I know that I need to figure out a way to change the way I eat and how much I eat. I'm not going to call it a diet because I need it to change permanently. That doesn't mean that I won't be counting calories and making sure I keep myself in check, it just means I'm calling it what I should have been calling it all along. My main goal for this week is to start incorporating more real foods - by that I mean cooking some meals instead of relying on Lean Cuisine to do the work for me. I am a convenience eater and that usually means I'm not too good at cooking meals for myself and that usually equates to me not eating as healthy as I should. I'm going to try to buy groceries weekly and focus on buying things that require me to make them and not solely microwaving them. This will be an adventure for sure!

WORKOUT PLAN
Monday
PM: Easy Run - Warm up walk, 4 miles @ 14:48 per mile, cool down walk
Tuesday
AM: Walk - 3 miles, no pace target
PM: AbRipperX
Wednesday
AM: Tempo Run - Warm up walk, 1 mile warm up run, 3 miles @ 13:22 per mile, 1 mile cool down run, cool down walk
Thursday
AM: Easy Run - Warm up walk, 4 miles @ 14:48 per mile, cool down walk
PM: P90X Shoulders & Arms
Friday
AM: Walk - 3 miles, no pace target
PM: Pilates 20 minute circle workout
Saturday
Long Run - Warm up walk, 8 miles @ 14:48 per mike, cool down walk
Sunday
Walk - 2 miles no pace target

That's a wrap for this week. Be on the lookout for the Dopey Training Review post at the end of the week!

4 comments:

Richard said...

You did the half marathon with plenty of time left and you already have a training base. I am quite confident you have plenty of training time to make this work. My biggest word of advice/warning is to not overdo things, especially too early.
If my plans come together, then I'll be back there next January, too.

Rae! said...

Everything looks good. BUT, where is your rest day?? You have to have a rest day. And you have 11 months. You like me will have to work back up to it. The weather played a larger role on taking a toll on everyone.

Well you are sign up now. ;) Hook Line and sinker. lol Just remember the 5k, is going to be a warm up daily run. That's it. It will be in a WDW park but just another daily run. Then the Half will be your semi long run. Enjoy it,and get your photo with the characters!!!
Then the full. Please do not use my marathon as a base. I had a blast even though Eric was not. The longest part was after AK.getting to HS.

You will have to think positive. Even on your bad work out days. That's why Team Voice is here.E mail me, text me if you are having a bad workout and feel like throwing in the towel.
Jeff And we did that all year last year and it helped alot.

Now eating, You will have to learn to cook for the week. I have to say I take a day, and I fix all my stuff for the week. I do measure it out, and put it all together and freeze it together. So I can do the mindless thinking and grab something. I do not cut out sweets. I have a little something with my lunch and dinner. I make it, measure it out, and bag it. That way there is a know brainer. Even bag up your snacks, mixed nuts or whatever, so that way you do not over eat. Even potato chips. Lots of discipline. Then before you no it, it is an everyday normal thing. I do not eat at fast food places,and when I do eat out I let them know how I want it cooked. I am focusing more on food, on the event page.

You can do this!!! My turn to say it to you. You can do this!!!

Rae! said...

There is an app for blogger for the phone and it is free.

Chris said...

Firstly, don't worry about it, you CAN and WILL do this. Secondly, the reason you WILL do this is because you have a plan and are going to execute it. I know I sound like a broken record, but because you are going to put the work in, race day will be the easy part.

I agree with Rae on rest as it's actually there where your work pays off and allows your body to rebuild and come back stronger.

I have exactly those 3 pieces of equipment and have been using them all as of late. Try to hit those outside runs hard now with the weather being more optimal. You're body will remember it when you get back out after the heat. :-)

Diet is really Die with a t...so yeah, lifestyle change is definitely more like it! :-) I went through the same thing a couple years back in understanding that this is for life, so I better figure out a food plan that will be good for me and won't make me want to quit. Definitely a good idea to limit the frozen meals as well since they are loaded in salt and such, but I understand about the cooking too... One piece of advice a bodybuilder/trainer friend gave me was to buy a rice cooker. Get the good bad rice instead of the instant stuff as it has a huge value advantage. it's simple to use and keeps the rice warm for a long time. Not to mention it reheats well with a touch of water.

Also agree with Rae on Team Voice. If you are really going to make the effort to do this, we're here for you in the good and the bad, so make sure to report on both! You can tell people you have a global training team....that's what I do :-)

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels