2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

2010 WDW Marathon Weekend Trip Report - January 11, 2010

Monday, January 11, 2010

The alarm went off at 6am and I got up at 6:20am. I got ready to head out and left the room at 6:50am Took the bus to the Magic Kingdom - arrived at 7:25am Headed straight to the monorail and found out that there were problems, which meant I got to stand in the cold and wait until the monorail was ready. 7:57am and I was finally on the monorail.

Normally I would have just walked from the TTC to the Poly, but since I had stood in the cold I decided to transfer to the resorts monorail and finally made it to the Poly at 8:10am. Today is the Tonga Toast Meet - YUMMY!

Justin, Krystal, Mike, Jeff and Connie were all there seated when I arrived. It was really a great breakfast of banana stuffed french toast, sausage and orange juice. Perfect and by the time I was done I was stuffed too! Deb arrived after returning her rental car right as we were exiting the Kona Cafe - great timing.

We said our goodbyes to Justin and Krystal as they were headed home this morning. It was so great meeting both of them and they are amazing - both finished the Goofy Challenge with style and I am just so impressed!

The rest of us took the monorail over to the Magic Kingdom. At this point I decided to head back to the resort as my allergies are really bugging me and I just felt like taking a rest in the room for a while. I headed to the bus stop and ended up on the Riverside bus so I took a nice stroll around the resorts - a couple of times as I got turned around a bit and couldn't figure out where I had been. It was chilly, but nice to walk around so I didn't mind. I still have to say that this is a beautiful resort and a great place to walk and run - I know I keep saying it, but I really was impressed by this aspect of the resort.

I made it back to my room at 10:20, checked my email and did some work and decided to lay down and watch some TV. I must have fallen asleep and I kept hearing knocking but it took me a while to realize it was on my door. I opened the door and it was security going around re-keying all the doors. I found this odd, but I was too tired to think much of it at the time and when and dozed some more while I watched TV.

At 12:30pm I realized what time it was and I headed to my laptop and registered for the 2011 Goofy Challenge and 5K Family Fun Run. Yep, (as you know if you read the blog) I am going Dopey now! I have to say that these races are a bit pricey, but I don't mind spending the money because I enjoy it so much and I could spend the money on worse things I suppose!

I took some time to pay some bills, check in with work and home and all that other fun stuff that doesn't just disappear when you're on vacation. Then I just sat around watching more TV, journaling, dozing, etc...

3pm and I decided to get up and get ready to head out and do something. I figured I'd take whichever bus came first - Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios. Okay, Animal Kingdom it is. I figured this would be okay as I was kind of hungry and Yak & Yeti counter service sounded pretty good, but by the time I got there it was too close to closing time and everything was pretty much closed up. I walked the perimeter of the park and ended up heading back out to the bus stop to head to Hollywood Studios - along with everyone else apparently!

I got to the park and headed straight in. I decided to head to ABC Commissary and if I didn't know better I would have thought they were closed - it was empty at 5:15pm. I ordered the Fish and Chips, Orange Juice and Water and went to sit down and enjoy it. Actually it was very good and just right.

After eating I walked around a little bit and decided to head in to the American Idol Experience Finale show that would start at 7pm. I have to say that I wasn't really blown away by anyone during this show. I really enjoy the show best when there are people that you know aren't practiced pull something off, but this show was mostly people that had obviously done this before and the ones that hadn't probably shouldn't have. They also had some technical difficulties with the video tonight so there weren't any recaps before voting. Overall it was enjoyable and the fact that it was inside and warm was a big plus for me tonight!


Mike, Deb and Rob were waiting outside so I met up with them and thought we'd head over to see how the line for Toy Story was. Everyone that got out of Idol headed over there for Extra Magic Hours and the line was very long so we skipped it for now and headed to Muppet Vision. Jeff met up with us and we all enjoyed the show.

Next, we talked Deb and Rob in to going on Tower of Terror. It was fun to ride with people and the fact that Deb and Rob weren't sure about it, made it even more interesting - and they both survived! I used to dislike this ride when it had the lap bars, but now that there's seat belts I really like it and I have to say that tonight's ride sequence was a really good one!

We headed back to Toy Story and decided to brave the line. I love the queue here so it didn't bother me. I ended up with 147200...I'm not sure that having the Wii game is good for me as I found myself aiming for the high target items and forgetting that I do better if I go for everything. No matter though, I still love this game.

At 10pm it was time to head out and catch the bus back to the resort. I stopped for a snack to take back to the room and headed back to eat and clean up a bit. I also wrote some more in the journal and by 12:30am it was time for bed.

Memories of My Sixth Day
The weather today was still chilly, but the sun helped a lot.

The best thing today was taking it slow and relaxing.

The worst thing today was feeling a little run down with allergies.

The funniest thing today was talking Deb in to riding Tower of Terror and then having her admit that it wasn't THAT BAD after we were done :)!

Today I tried relaxing instead of worrying about riding rides and the result was a great way to spend the day.

The most magical moment today was registering for the 2011 Goofy Challenge and 5K!

3 comments:

MikeF. said...

Loved the ToT ride with Deb and Rob. It was loads of fun.

candlerun (htabby) said...

Thanks for the great report... Def one of the races I would like to do sometime.

Richard said...

I love reading all the reports so I can hold on to the trip feeling just a bit longer. I am going to have to try the Tonga Toast one day.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels