2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

What's Coming in 2010 For My Running

I know that I have a Half Marathon coming up....soon in fact, but I couldn't help to start planning for my next running adventures in 2010. I spent some time today finding full marathon plans that look like they will work for me. I found a couple that I am going to combine to meet my needs and I'm very excited to get started when I get back and have a little recovery time after this race.

I also spent time today putting together a new tracking spreadsheet. I have used the same one successfully for a couple of years now, but I think it's time to progress to something a little more comprehensive so I spent some time putting it together. Now I can spend time figuring out the actual training I want to complete.

It's probably very ambitious to plan 50 weeks of training, but I can revise as I go and at least it gives me an idea of what I'll be doing for the year. I think it will help me set little goals and milestones along the way.

I like that I still have a plan and a plan that will last all year. For me that's pretty important and I hope that it will assist me in staying on track.

I have also already registered for quite a few races for next year. I did this the year before last but not this year. I found that when I had races planned that it kept me more focused and knowing that I have to do something or I'll have trouble even in the 5K races.

I have a lot on my mind right now and I'll put more of it in writing soon, but I just wanted to get these thoughts down tonight.

Belle Update: I took my dog back to the vet today and we're taking her off the medication to see how she does. She is not coughing any more and she's eating better. She also played with the other dogs today which is something she hasn't done since she got sick. I'll watch her the next few days and if she doesn't relapse I won't need to re-test her for Valley Fever. The vet thinks she got better without additional medications which is not uncommon with this disease. I have an awesome vet that I've taken my animals to for 15-16 years and he knows I'll be leaving town and my pet sitters can take any of them in while I'm gone and I can settle the bill later. Hopefully, she'll be fine the next few days and I won't have to worry as much about her while I'm on my trip.

1 comments:

Richard said...

We have a couple of house-sitters coming by and staying at our house to care for our 3 dogs (plus cat and rabbit). I know how hard it would be to go if one of them was too sick. It sounds like you have a great vet there.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels