2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Monday, November 2, 2009

Easy 3 Miles - NOT!

Ugh - ever have one of those runs where 3 miles feels like 50....Yeah, me too :)!

I was feeling so good about my progress last week. I ran a good 13 miles and walked about 7 miles. I wasn't really very sore and for the most part I felt really good.

Then tonight came and I went out for my 3 miles....I knew at about a quarter mile that I was in for a long run. Everything felt wrong - my breathing, my calves, even my wrist with my Garmin felt sore and heavy.

Regardless, I'm still happy because I did manage to do my 3 miles...Much slower than I would have liked, but I didn't give up!

Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day. At least I know it's just a walk tomorrow :)!

I hope everyone else is training hard and ready to go for January....I can't wait to meet you all in person!

3 comments:

Chris said...

I keep saying the same thing to my wife, EVERY run is a bit different. :-) The fact is that you got out there and did it. It's like preparing for a test, right? Do a ton of studying prior, and the test is a breeze. Get all the tough runs out of the way and January will be gravy.

DebWDW said...

Finishing an icky run is a great mental exercise! And sometimes that's the toughest part of a Half. Did you run 13 and walk 7 at the same time, for a total of 20? Sounds like you could do the full marathon next year!

Jeff W. said...

Funny how that happens isn't? Some runs are diamonds and others are stones. Some days things just feel off. Good job on finishing your three miles.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels