2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, November 15, 2009

50+ days, 40+ Miles, and Wine&Dine

Just got back from my 6 mile long run. Felt so good today. The goal was 12:40 per mile and I smashed that coming in at 11:28 per mile. Amazing what happens when you let your body decide the pace and don't dwell on the Garmin :)! It did feel really good, but I know I have a long way to go until the Half in January. Most of my problems seem to be mental right now as a mile in I was thinking I wasn't going to make it - had to change that attitude right away. Quick body check told me there was no reason I couldn't run the 6 and be just fine. That did the trick - from there on I felt pretty good and just let myself run for a change.

On the diet front - things are okay. I haven't been super good, but I haven't completely fallen off the wagon either. I hope to post a loss again this week and that's really what matters right now. Each pound I take off will make my running that much easier!

Hoping I can talk myself in to getting back on the strength training routine this week as well. I've been so tired when I get home from work that it's been tough to put in two workouts a day. That's ridiculous so I need to force myself to do it and I know I'll feel better and get stronger in my running!

Still don't know what's going to happen with my job, but I'm going to sign up for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon in October. If I can't make it I'll be out the registration fee, but hopefully I'll be able to make it. That would mean I'll have the following Disney Halfs next year: WDW Jan, DL Sept and WDW Oct. I think that would be really cool if I can manage it.

Hope everyone else's training is going well and that your running faster, further and easier!!!

3 comments:

Richard said...

Sounds like a good run, I have a tough time letting go of the electronics and end up micromanaging my run pace...forgetting the simple things like enjoying the run. Based on where you are now with this last run I don't see the Disney Half in January being too tough for you; and if it is, find me, I have more good running attitude than I do talent to run.

Chris said...

Great run! You're totally right about allowing your body to set the pace, especially for a tempo run.. I find that when I try to run slower on my long run that I end up feeling terrible and my body doesn't "save" anything for the end. Sometimes you just gotta let it roll!

Wish I could get to the Wine and Dine in Oct, but I'm guessing it's not in the cards since we've got a week in July and January 1/2 trip. Also, like you with the job situation. We'll probably see some changes happening in early spring....

Rae! said...

YAY!!!! I can so relate. Then all the sudden, it all came together again. And yours will too. I hate the job nonsense. It is so stressful. I was thinking about signing up for the WD half too, not sure yet, since the new triathlon schedule for 2010 isn't out yet. {local races}

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels