2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Rest in Peace My Beautiful Sam...

I've been so preoccupied and wrapped up in my own stress that I didn't notice that one of my birds was getting sick. I went to say goodnight to him and found him in the bottom of his cage. My baby passed away and I don't even know if I could have stopped it from happening.

He just turned 18 in March and he was way too young to have died. I totally blame myself - it seems like he just wasted away and I so should have noticed that something was wrong.

I adopted Sam when he was just 4 years old. He was a sweet loving bird until my first bird passed away and then he turned a bit mean, but I still loved him like I always did (I have the scars to prove it).

Rest in Peace Sam - I hope you forgive me and that I see you again someday!

Here's Sam - another brother for the new girls!

2 comments:

Chris said...

How sad :-( What a beautiful bird Sam was.

Richard said...

I'm sorry for your loss. I am sure Sam knew he was well-loved.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels