2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Friday, September 11, 2009

Mini Report - Sept 8-11, 2009

Wow - sorry I haven't been posting regularly. It seems I haven't stopped to breathe yet this trip :)!

September 8, 2009
-Spent the day at Sea World
-Watched Blue Horizons, my favorite show at Sea World
-Watched the Shamu show, over rated in my opinion (more on that when I get home)
-Watched Clyde & Seamore, such a great show, animals did what they wanted to do today
-Watched Pets Ahoy for the first time, cute show with rescue pets
-Rode Manta, great coaster, interesting experience, felt very short
-Why I love running shoes - because they ventilate your feet
-Why I hate running shoes - it takes nothing for them to become completely soaked
-Forgot my pedometer, but I'd guess I walked well over 10 miles today

September 9, 2009
-Checked out of Pop Century very early
-Drove to Animal Kingdom Lodge to check in
-Checked in and was told I had Concierge - I didn't book concierge. Wow, I've never been upgraded before!!! My room was actually ready too - it's before 7am - this must be a sign of a good day to come.
-Did the Backstage Magic tour for the first time - so much good stuff to see!
-Ate at The Wave for the first time - so surprised at how good the meal was. I was one of those people that loved Concourse Steakhouse so I wasn't sure I'd like this restaurant as much
-Got back to my room and found a gift from the AKL staff - a cute beaded lion key chain and note! How cool
-Concierge left me a welcome letter and carved animal pen

September 10, 2009
-It's my birthday!!!
-Did the Around the World on a Segway Tour. There were only three of us on the tour. Love the Segway, love the tour, love the guides (Larry and Robert)
-Ate lunch at Electric Umbrella, still one of my favorites
-Did the Seas Aqua Tour - I love this program. It's great fun to do the assisted snorkel in the Living Seas!
-Dinner at Coral Reef. The menu was questionable, but this turned out to be such a great meal. -My dessert came out with a chocolate Happy Birthday message. Sorry, I didn't take any pictures of it
-Used WDTC VIP viewing for Illuminations. Not a bad location and a great show!

September 11, 2009
-Did the Backstage Safari Tour at Animal Kingdom. Great program, I highly recommend it.
-Ate at Tusker House for lunch. Great buffet with good food.
-Quite a bit of rain this afternoon
-Dinner at Jiko tonight. Good meal, but not as good as I remember and not as good as The Wave or Coral Reef - surprisingly.

That's it for now. When I get home I'll do a real trip report with some pictures and more details of the tours, etc...

1 comments:

Chris said...

Sounds like a great time. It's incredible how much you can pack in over a couple of days. The backstage safari tour is something we'd really like to do, but haven't had the opportunity to stay at AK. I'm sure we'll get there at some point.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels