2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Wow - I Did It!

Amazingly enough I managed to get in six miles this morning. It was grueling at the end, but I'm very happy I got out there and did it and as always I learned a bit about myself during this run.

1. I have to get over this mental problem I have where I don't think I can do it because I haven't run as many miles as I'd like.

2. Physically the six miles was easy. I guess all the strength training with wall sits, one legged wall sits, lunges, etc...has really made a huge difference in my leg strength. Plyometrics has helped to strengthen my hips and I didn't have any pain the entire six miles. Amazing.

3. I just might be able to do my next half marathon in 2 1/2 hours yet...Third time's a charm right?

4. I don't like the little punk kids I meet while running. I actually yelled at two boys to quit throwing rocks at ducks or I was going to pick up rocks and throw them at them and see how they liked it. It makes me mad that kids have no respect for other living things.

5. Anger can fuel a great run when you think you can't go on. I used that anger at mile 4.5 and kicked up my pace and felt great...Someone want to do something stupid at the Half Marathon in January so I can yell at you? Just kidding :)!

6. Holy cow - I just did six miles at a 12:00 minute per mile pace...Not bad considering that's the longest run I've done since May 6th (can't let that happen again).

7. My stomach was not happy with me for eating way too much peanut butter on tortillas for dinner last night. Don't ask - I had a little PB overdose last night :)!

6 comments:

Chris said...

1st, for me it's Cheeze-It's and PB...my late night friend (or so I think..)

2nd, what's up with all these punk kids! Mike, Matt, and now you? So we've got punk kids in NY, AL, and AZ...oh yeah, we have a few of them here in CT as well...I typically just ignore them as I run by though...until the day when they throw something at me...ooooh boy, that's not going to be a good day....

3rd, CONGRATS! Great run! Keep going and you'll get that 2:30 that you want!

Richard said...

Congrats on the run, and for helping out the ducks.
You will get over that mental hump in time. I don't remember when it happened but one day I stopped thinking of 5-6 miles as long and started thinking of it as a good start.

MikeF. said...

Great job on the run! And I hear ya about that added boost from the anger punk kids can bring up in a person.

Princess Fee said...

Way to go on getting out there and having a FANTASTIC run!! Way to go, Amanda! And I think that's great about the strength training - once I've done the 1/2 and over the winter, I'm going to focus on strengthening my legs - I'm even more determined after hearing your experiences.

Way to go!!! :D

Rae! said...

YAY!!! jumping up and down!!! My same problem. It's mental, I have not come up on punk kids, since all the teens here like us, and me. Seems I have turned into the adult they ALL come too. Kinda weird but hey if it works, don't knock it.
And I got all the whose who here too haha...
Great job!!!!

DebWDW said...

Ahhh, one-legged squats -- killers!!! But they work. My PB downfall is PB & saltines. I actually have to keep my saltines at work and only bring home one sleeve a week! Good job on the run!

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels