2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Hello World!

Yes, I've been neglecting the blog...Why? I got sucked in the world of Harry Potter again. Once I start reading those books it becomes an obsession and I have to keep reading until I finish them all...Doesn't matter how many times I read them I still love them.

I've been trying to exercise and eat right and this week wasn't bad. I've done pretty good with the eating and I've been good on strength training and only so-so on the running front. I think I have a fear of doing my long run. I don't know why exactly, but I just haven't been able to get myself out the door to go for the long run. That's going to stop - next Saturday I'm doing my six miles and that's that! Overall, I feel pretty good about things. I definitely need to kick up the running and I know I'll be okay and be able to do it as we get ever closer to January and my next 1/2 marathon. As soon as I return from WDW the race season starts up again here in AZ and I'm sure I'll be doing a good number of 5Ks. I love doing these as you can go slow or go all out and no matter what you're out there doing it and it feels great!

The car needed a new battery yesterday and now I've got to get two new tires, windshield wipers and an oil change tomorrow. Wasn't planning on that little expenditure this week, but hey, the car's gotta be taken care of too!

Went for another dive out at the lake today. It was a lot of fun. I've discovered that divers are similar to runners. Everyone is very welcoming, helpful, friendly and just happy to be there doing what they do. Maybe that's one of the reasons I've taken to it so much. It was a fun day, but visibility in the lake was about 5-10 feet. I ran into a bunch of trees - one of them attacked me and scratched up my arm pretty good. Sounds funny to dive with trees doesn't it - I think so :)!

So, I'm an obsessive planner and for some reason I've been having trouble sitting down to finish up things I want to have done for my trip. Don't get me wrong - all my ADRs are done and I'm more than ready to go, but I'm not as ready as I usually am. I've only got a couple of weekends before I go so I'd better get my rear in gear and get everything together so I am ready to go.

Well, that's it for now. I'll try to post some of the things I do to get ready for my trip as I complete them. Hope every one's doing well!

3 comments:

Chris said...

Let us know how the long run goes. Remember, it's a "pay me now or pay me later" kind of sport :-)

Sounds like an interesting dive, how deep?

BTW- I keep forgetting to apologize for using a pic with the same background on my sig (Everest). It's like the only decent pic I have of myself....I'll try to find another one, or will take another this year when we head back. ;-)

Princess Fee said...

Nothing wrong with getting caught up in Harry Potter!! I keep meaning to read them all again - I've only read them once - but the sheer volume of them puts me off! But I will read them all before the next film comes out - I promise myself! lol

And I love hearing about your diving - fantastic! AND you will so do FANTASTICALLY on that long run. Wait, it's not a long run (am saying this so mentally you don't get put off by it) - it's only a few miles. It's nothing to the half-marathon who's a** you have kicked previously! ;)

Richard said...

Take care of that car now, and it will take care of you later. I can't see you having too much trouble training for the half in January if you're doing 6 miles now, you'll be so ready!

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels