2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Is Your Refrigerator Running????

Well, if it is - go catch it or better yet, send it to me :)! My refrigerator died last week and I finally made it out to the store to buy a new one today. Now I just have to wait until Wednesday to have it delivered. Boy am I getting tired of drinking warm water...I just really didn't want to spend the money for a new one, even though mine is over 10 years old. So, yes I had to spend money I didn't want to, but I'll call it good for the environment as the energy savings will be good :)!

I finished painting the main portion of my living room this weekend. I'm still not done, but it's getting there. It's only taken me a year...Yes, I know I got lazy on this to. It's just a lot of work and I get tired just thinking about it, but it is starting to look pretty good.

I haven't run in a week and a half...YIKES...I know how bad that is. I have been doing my strength training so at least I'm not totally a couch potato, but I know it's going to be hard to get myself going this week and I really have to get going. I have 7.5 weeks to my WDW vacation and I really need to get my rear in gear so that I can have a good vacation and not worry about starting back up when I get back. Cause once I get back it'll be hard core training for January and the WDW 1/2 - I want a PR this time...I'm shooting for 2:30 - that means shaving 10 minutes off the Princess 1/2 time from this year and I'm going to have to work for it!

I have spent the last week shoveling food in my mouth - anything and everything I could find I ate. I know it's stress eating, but for some reason I'm having trouble stopping myself from doing it. I think today I finally hit the food wall and I can't hardly stand the thought of eating anything else. The scale is not going to be nice to me tomorrow and I deserve the horrible weight gain that it is going to show. I have to toughen up my resolve and get back to being good. I was doing really good and I start to see progress and all of a sudden I'm back to sabotaging myself...It's stupid and it needs to stop now.

I've also been really bad about getting up in the mornings and getting in my AM workout. That has to stop too. I know that I can get up and workout and if I do I'll just feel better, but man has it been tough this last couple of weeks.

I found out at work that I've made it past the first round of downsizing, but it's expected to continue through the end of the year so I can't breathe freely yet. Just keeping my fingers crossed that I'll make through my vacation and then the 1/2 marathon in January and then I'll go on from there. Unfortunately, the workplace has not gotten any kinder and I still feel as if it's taking a toll on my mental well-being, but I'll manage.

I hope everyone else is doing better than I am and that you're staying on track and working toward your goals. I'm re-joining the land of the fit this week and I'll be working my rear off again - at least I hope my rear gets worked off!

3 comments:

MikeF. said...

Just stay focused on those goals and you will complete them. And I always wondered why is it that your feet smell and your nose runs? Or why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways?

Richard said...

I had a simialr story to your refrigerator story, only for me it was the air conditioner--not good for Houston! Fortunately, we did replace it before the heat wave set in.

Your mindset seems to be in the right place, so I am sure you'll get your "rear in gear" pretty soon.

Princess Fee said...

That's annoying you had to get a new refrigerator - but at least you have it, and it's out of the way!

And you are going to get back into fitness without too much difficulty - I have no doubt about it! My friend, who is a seasoned runner, says that you can't 'fall out' of running unless you take about 3-4 months off. So you'll get back into gear no problems!

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels