2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

2 Miles and a Track

Sometimes 2 miles feels like 20...How am I ever going to make it to full marathon length? Well I guess I need to do a lot better than 2 miles.

It's hot and humid and I'm sweating like crazy, but I did manage to get 2 miles in today...and I did something I don't think I've ever done before. I ran on the dirt track at the local Jr High. I tend to get bored easily so I've just never run on the track. I do speed work, tempo runs, everything on the road. Monday I did one lap on the track and it wasn't terrible, so today I figured I'd do a mile on the track. You know what, it wasn't bad. I don't want to do it everyday and I don't know if I'll ever do more than a mile at a time, but I didn't lose my tempo and I didn't go stark raving mad.

I haven't hit my two workouts a day this week at all, but I'll get there. I'm just getting back in the swing of things!

4 comments:

MikeF. said...

Have yet to run on a track. I do want to learn some of the trails around here and do some running on those to help save the knees a little.

Richard said...

To say you didn't go stark raving mad is not exactly a positive endorsement for track workouts.

You are still a long ways out so you have plenty of time to buils up for the marathon.

Elizabeth said...

Go! Go! Go! I'm just noticing your weight loss and where you are in your running and realizing we have a lot in common! Glad to have found you!

Princess Fee said...

You can so totally do it!!! And I know it's easier said than done... I did a run yesterday and was super sluggish... I don't think I can ever get a half-marathon again, let alone anything else.

But you will do it, I will do it, we can do it! Keep up the consistency and I'm sure everything else will fall into place.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels