2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

One of Those Days...

Well, stress came to a complete boiling point today at work. I really almost walked out after 6.5 years. I have reached my breaking point and I don't see an end in sight. I don't even know what to do right now. Thankfully the sane part of me remembered that I can't pay the bills without a job and it would be hard to find something else right now. The bad thing is, I'll be feeling this fall out for a while to come. I was unprofessional. I don't regret the things that I said, but I certainly shouldn't have said them at the time or the location that I did. I have already apologized to my speechless peers...and will probably have to keep doing it for a while longer. It's a long story and it's been a long time coming...I thought I had been expressing myself quite loudly for the past few months, but nothing has changed and it was just one more do this now because I don't believe what you're saying times today and I had a breakdown. Sobbing, angry, agruments....I don't think I've ever done that at this job. Just don't know if I can or want to continue on like this - it's eating away at me and I'm paying physically.

So, how did I combat my emotional stress today? No, I didn't stress eat - yet :)! I went for a quick walk and came back and did an hour on legs and back. Figured the only way I'm going to sleep tonight is to exhaust myself.

Thanks for letting to my self pity...Now back to your day :)!

5 comments:

Rae! said...

regardless good job.I would have not went for that walk. I know what you mean. I do not like working with charge nurses from other floors and they take total advantage. And I fired off at her and I cleared out the nurses station. I thought I was going to get written up but I didn't.

Jordan said...

Keep your chin up. Things have a way of working themselves out.

Chris said...

Well, all I can say is that emotion is what sets us apart from animals (that, and Tivo), so don't feel too horrible. The important thing here is to learn from it and move on. Also remember that opportunities are lurking everywhere so have confidence in your own abilities and nothing, not even your job, is forever. An old mentor/boss used to always say to me "and this too shall pass..." No kidding! LOL

Good choice on the walk over snacking! I'd probably have munched my way through a bag of chips....so you take take the positive out of this knowing you have ispired Rae and I to make better choices!!

MikeF. said...

Great job on getting out and walking. Chris's bag of chips is my gallon of Perry's Panda Paws ice cream. Other opportunities will come up. Just keep plugging away at work and things will right themselves.

Richard said...

We all have emotions that get the best of us at times. Just take a deep breath and move forward. Maybe it is time to look at other options, but don't forget that you need to keep working hard where you are now. Good for you for getting this off your chest, maybe next time they'll listen closer and you won't have to make such an outburst. Of course, also good for you for apologizing to your co-workers where appropriate.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels