2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Ahhhh....New Shoes and Juneathon

This week marked the start of a beautiful new relationship - yup, it was time for a new pair of shoes. I sure do love new shoes. I fell in love with Nike Pegasus a couple of years ago and I have stocked up so that I don't have to worry about the changes they make each year. Crazy right, but I figure I bought the shoes so now I have to use them :)!

So, why else do I love new shoes - they make me run like lightning...Okay, so my version of lightning :). They just feel good and I start out on my task thinking I don't want to do this, I'll take my time, I'll just have to see how far I can make it. Then wham - my feet hit the pavement and I just feel good and it makes me go.

How are you doing with Juneathon? I have to say, I was nervous committing to some mileage each day, but I think it was just the motivation I needed. Thank you Team Voice for keeping me going. Normally, I'd break my workouts up to running, biking, and elliptical, but I have a gym aversion this month (so far) and I am so happy being outside that I've gone to running or walking each day and it's just so great. So far, I've managed to get miles in each day and I think I'll be able to keep it up through this month!

The only bad thing, it's making me super hungry. I've had to up my calories to stave off the hunger monster. I know that's not a bad thing, but we'll have to see how my body handles the extra calories. Hopefully, I'll at least maintain, but I would rather lose some more :)!

I hope everyone else is keeping up with their miles for June and don't neglect your strength training. Did I mention that I have visible muscle on my triceps? It still amazes me....

1 comments:

MikeF. said...

Gotta love the feeling of the new running shoes. Feels like sometimes you are running on air. Until mile 6 or 7. Then you come back to reality. HAHAHA!

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels