2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

103 Degrees and Me

I have to say that my workouts have been tough this week.

Monday I didn't want to get out of bed at 4am, so I ran at night. Just a little two miler with the dogs. It was hot out, but that's not so bad. Can anyone explain why it feels like you've never run after you take a week and a half off? That's how I felt - drained, out of sorts, just wrong. At least I got some miles in though.

Tuesday rolled around and it didn't feel any better at 4am, so I didn't get up to work out. When I got home from work I did my hour of legs and back and felt a bit ambitious so I thought I'd see if I could put some miles in. Well, I don't normally run after a strength training session and now I know why :)! My goodness, my legs where trashed. I was already sore from running Monday, then I did legs and back and my legs were jelly. I did manage to get a mile in so that was better than nothing.

Wednesday the alarm rings at 4am and guess what - yup, I didn't feel like getting up again. So, I geared myself up all day long to do my four miles when I got home. I got geared up, stepped outside and headed off. About at quarter of a mile in I realized there was no way I was doing four miles. It is blazing hot outside - yuck! My lungs were burning, my body ached and I knew I was in trouble. I managed to log two miles...when I say log, I mean, I didn't run, walk, jog or any of the normal modes - I logged. My legs felt like two logs attached to my body.

For some reason this week I don't feel like I'm running in my body. Mentally I know what I want to accomplish, but my body has completely different ideas. It's ridiculous. I feel like I just started running again. I certainly need to pull it together and I will :)!

I'm doing better on the eating front at least. I'm sure that everything will start pulling back together again soon. I just need to fit the pieces back together because somehow they've fallen apart and it's taking some work to figure out where they all need to go again.

Thanks for listening to my rambling!

3 comments:

Kate said...

Logging! Love that!

I know what you mean. I've been running slower lately. Just can't seem to get the energy. Maybe its just getting used to the heat and humidity. I hope it turns around soon for both of us.

Richard said...

It sounds like your body is telling you that you need a bit of a break for whatever reason. It might not be bad to take a few extra rest days now.

As far as the heat/humidity go, they just suck the energy right away from me. In the last month my running training times have slowed.

DebWDW said...

Have you considered not running every day? I do elliptical, stationery bike and weight work during the week, and then do my big run on the weekend. To keep limber, I will run a mile twice a week on the treadmill in the gym. I actually look forward to my run each weekend, as a break from my regular workout.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels