2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Just Have to Say - Woohoo

Just got in from a great run and I had to share.

I started out for a 6 mile run - 4 miles tempo at a goal pace of 11:07 per mile. My warm up mile was feeling really good and when I looked I was already under an 11 per mile pace....Well, I'd have to slow down for the tempo and didn't feel like going slower today. So, I finished off that first warm up mile and decided to kick it up a notch today.

I just ran my 4 mile tempo at 9:51 per mile pace...Holy cow - I can't believe I maintained that pace for 4 miles...I love it!

Now, don't get me wrong, it was tough towards the end, but I did it. I am finally feeling stronger and faster...Now if I could just feel lighter I'd have it made :)!

Any way, I just had to share because I am so proud that I was able to do that this morning and I'm sure by tonight I won't be able to walk to my computer to post :)!

3 comments:

Richard said...

WooHoo!!!

I'm occasionally breaking through the 10 min/mile barrier, too, so congratluations to you for holding that sub-10 minute 4th mile pacing!

MikeF. said...

That is great! Keep it up and you will have Mike-Speed shacking in his boots. Oh wait I mean my boots.:)

Chris said...

Great run! That's exactly how I added speed to my runs. After a while running a certain pace I felt I could just do it faster...and did...and haven't really gone back since. I do that every once in a while and it really helps to challenge myself.

Way to go! :-)

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels