2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Dragging Feet Through Wet Cement...

Well, I was supposed to do an 8 mile long run this morning...That was just not meant to be today.

The alarm went off just before 6am and decided I'd sleep a while longer. That should have been my first indication that I should just hold off and do my long run tomorrow.

I go up and got ready to go. My head was in the game - I was ready to do 8 miles and I was going to try a new course today. Off I went.

I am so not ready to run in the summer heat...It's already 90 degrees out - hotter in the darn sun. I did okay for the first two miles and then I hit the wall. My body wasn't having any more of this running stuff.

I decided I'd go for 5 maybe 6 miles...That just wasn't to be...I stopped running at 4 miles.

I felt like I was running through wet cement. My legs were leaden and my whole body was just not cooperating.

Am I upset that I couldn't run my full 8 miles today - well, yes and no. Yes because I should have been able to do it. No because at least I got out there and did 4 miles and sometimes you just have to listen to your body.

I think I must have worked a bit harder during my Plyometrics workout this week because my legs are still shot from it...It's crazy.

Oh well, tomorrow is a rest day and then back at it on Monday!

3 comments:

Richard said...

That sounds similar to my experience today.
I ran a 5K trail run in warm and humid conditions and it just wiped me out. I ran the 5K on the back end of last week's triathlon faster than I ran today.

MikeF. said...

Man I hear ya on that. When I have a day like that. I just finish the best I can take the next day off and just get back at it later.

Matt said...

Well, kudos on getting out there and doing what you did. Sometimes when you can't do what you set out to do, there's a reason. Maybe your body had had enough!

Great job!

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels