2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, April 12, 2009

If Plans Change It's Not Time to Quit

I got up yesterday and I was going to do my 7 mile long run, but guess what...It was pouring down rain (yes, it does rain in AZ). Normally, I would have just went running in the rain as I enjoy it, but the thought just made me cringe.

So, I decided that I would run after I came home from seeing Cats!, but after the show I just didn't feel like it. I had to decide if I would force myself or push it out to tomorrow.

Push it out to tomorrow.

This morning I woke up and I so didn't feel like running. No, gotta get up and do it. Do I have to? Yes - just go run. It was tough.

I did a nice little warm up walk and then I started running. Yikes, my legs feel like lead. Heavy, tired, achy and just plain out of sorts. Keep going any way.

Finally about a mile and half in I started feeling a little better. Not good, but getting a good pace.

Okay, I can keep going. No worries. Three and a half miles and time to turn around. Half way there and feeling pretty good now.

Mile 5, mile 6, mile 7 and I'm done. Walk a nice cool down back to the house.

So, the moral of the story. No matter how much you want to just stay in and not run - don't give in to that temptation. You'll just feel guilty later that you didn't just do it and you may surprise yourself and have a good run anyway. Remember, half the battle is getting out the door!

I hope you had a good workout this weekend!

HAPPY EASTER!!!!!

3 comments:

Richard said...

Good advice!
Walking is my favorite warmup for running, even sometimes up to a mile at first if I have "dead" legs, but they always warm up and feel better.
The moral is to Just Keep Moving!!

MikeF. said...

It's great to see you held yourself accountable. That was the only way sometimes last year that I would get myself out of bed and go run before my wife went to work.

Chris said...

Ain't that the truth! No matter how tired or lazy I'm feeling...as long as I get going it feels awesome when I get through it. Thanks for the reminder ;-)

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels