2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Disney Endurance Series News

I'm probably behind in all of this, but I figured I'd share any way.

The Walt Disney World Half Marathon capacity for 2010 was increased by 5000 entries. Wow - that's a lot of extra people. Disney has said that they will add additional wave starts to help alleviate bottleneck areas. I hope so, that's going to be a lot of people running and I'll be there with them :)!

Registration is about 85% full for the 2010 WDW Half Marathon. Make sure you sign up if you're planning on running with us!

The capacity for the Goofy Challenge was increased to 7500 entries. Can you imagine that there are 7500 people that will be running the Half and Full in 2010? Now think of how many people will wish they had signed up for it, but were too late to do it...That's a lot of crazy runners out there!

Any one out there going to run any of the Fall Endurance Series races - Expedition Everest Challenge, Race for the Taste 10K, or Tower of Terror 13K? Well, if you are, you might want to think about doing two of them. If you complete Expedition Everest Challenge and Race for the Taste this year, not only will you get the medals for each event, you'll also get a special medal. Or if you prefer, you can do the Tower of Terror and Race for the Taste this year and you'll get both finisher's medal and a special medal. You have to have official times in the two races, but you'll be automatically registered if you register for the two races. I sure wish I could do this, but no such luck for me this year - how about you? Here's a link to the information: http://disneyworldsports.disney.go.com/dwws/en_US/amateurSports/sportDetail/detail2?name=FallRaceChallengeDetailPage

Of course, you can also go for the Coast to Coast Medal...To get this special medal you need to have run the WDW Half or Full Marathon or the Princess Half Marathon and then run the Disneyland Half Marathon...Oh, I sure wish I was doing this for 2009, but I'll be doing it in 2010 (money allowing of course).

Disney has no plans to make the Dopey Challenge official, but they did say that they liked that guests had come up with this great name for those folks that do the 5K on Friday, the Half on Saturday, and the Full on Sunday....Oh yeah, I'll be doing this in either 2011 or 2012...My body and mind willing!

If you're thinking about registering for the Princess Half Marathon next year, registration opens Friday, May 1, 2009. Trust me, you will have a great time at this Half Marathon...It really is amazing.

May 9, 2009 is the Muddy Buddy event. Two person teams will alternate running a mile, biking a mile for a total of three miles of running, three miles of biking each and then they come together and crawl through the mud to the finish. Let's cheer these folks on. I think this sounds like a lot of fun!

May 10, 2009 is the Danskin Orlando Women's Triathlon...I know we have at least one Team Voice member competing in this (Go Kate!), good luck to everyone participating in this. I have this on the calendar for next year, but I'm not sure I'll be able to make it yet!

There are several other Triathlon events in May and September coming up as well...All you athletes get out there and give it a go!

That's what I have for today, but you can always check out information at http://disneyworldsports.disney.go.com/dwws/en_US/home/home?name=HomePage and look through the Endurance Events!

Happy running, biking and swimming everyone! Keep up your spirit, your body and your training and all your fitness, health and happiness goals can come true!

3 comments:

Chris said...

Ah, the Dopey... Well, I don't know about you, but if I were going run the Goofy, then it's really not a stretch to run 3.1 miles extra... They should add a 100 mile bike event to warm up the Goofy...now THAT would really be Dopey! ;-)

Richard said...

Thanks for the update. One day I'd like to do more of these races in their Endurance series. Then again, I don't really need an excuse to justify another Disney trip.

Princess Fee said...

I would love to do the Walt Disney World Half - but I think I will support from here and maybe try and do a virtual one? And the Princess Half is great fun!!

I only wish I could do 2 of the fall challenges, but am only going to be over for the ToT 13k - oh well, maybe next year!

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels