2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Saturday, April 4, 2009

2008 Minnie Marathon Weekend - Day 7

Thursday, May 8, 2008

The alarm went off at 7:30am again and I got up at 8:20am. I didn't do a lot except check email and finally checked in for my flight home tomorrow - Southwest Group B - YUCK!

I headed out and was on the bus to the Magic Kingdom a little after 10am. It was about 10:30am when I finally made it on to Main Street. I decided to check Tony's Town Square and lunch starts at 11:30am and I wouldn't have any trouble doing a walk in.

I had an hour to kill so I did some shopping at the Emporium and headed over to the Exposition Hall and then headed back to check in at Tony's. I waited about 15 minutes and then I was seated.

The restaurant is nice, but I expected more theming I think. The patio area looked pretty nice. I was seated right next to it inside. I started with lemonade and ordered the baked ziti my entree.

I was surprised at how quickly my food came out, but I was one of the first people seated. It looked like it would be pretty good. It came in this big soup bowl type dish and it was ziti noodles with sauce and cheese and a piece of bread. It looked better than it was. The food was only luke warm, it was kind of like it had been sitting on the counter for half an hour before being served. The flavor was good, but nothing very special.

I decided to do dessert and I had a mocha cheesecake with oreo crust. It was the chef's special dessert. It was good, but it wasn't cheesecake, it was more like mousse - it wasn't even whipped cheesecake like the Italian style.

I was very glad I was on the dining plan for this meal or I would have been way more disappointed.

After lunch I headed over to Mickey's Philharmagic and walked right in. Hit the Haunted Mansion with a 15 minute wait, Hall of Presidents with a 10 minute wait, Pirates with a 20 minute wait, Jungle Cruise with a 20 minute wait, Stitch's Great Escape no wait (surprised?), Buzz Lightyear with no wait. While on Buzz Lightyear I was on a roll and I was at 290,000 points and we were in the spinning movie screen tunnel when the ride stopped, guard rails raised up on both sides and everything shut down and all the lights came on. Very odd, but kind of cool to see.

Next up, Carousel of Progress walk on, Space Mountain 15 minute wait (50 minutes listed), Tomorrowland Transit Authority walk on (of course), Mickey's Philharmagic no wait, Big Thunder Mountain 30 minute wait, and last up was Splash Mountain with a 50 minute wait. The Splash line was the worst of the day - I think the ride was up and down while I was in line as it would move a little then we'd just wait for ever.

It was about 6:45pm so I headed out of the park and took a nice stroll over to the Contemporary. I headed in to the bathroom to cool off, clean up and refresh. I headed upstairs to the fourth floor and checked in at the Concourse Steakhouse. I was given a pager and I walked around while I waited. The DVC Cast Member and I were chatting and a lady came up to ask the fastest way to the Caribbean Beach - I offered the take the monorail to the TTC and then you could take a bus and the DVC Cast Member suggested taking the ferry to the MK and then taking a bus to the resort. The woman came over and asked me again so I explained both ways to her again and I think they decided on the ferry. She was a bit confused about the marina so I told her to head downstairs and if she didn't see the signs to the marina just stop at the front desk and ask one of the cast members for directions. I sure hope they made it okay.

I ended up having to buy some water while I waited because I was parched! As soon as I did that, my pager went off. I was seated and my waitress came up immediately. I ordered a lemonade, lobster bisque for a starter, beef tenderloin with mashed potatoes and brocollini for my entree and a decadent dessert which consisted of chocolate covered passion fruit mousse with walnut olive brittle, blueberries with vanilla gelato and lemon cornbread with panna cotta.

My bisque was simply amazing. It was even better than Coral Reef or Yachtsman's Steakhouse. Then my beef tenderloin with herb butter was melt in your mouth wonderful! So far, so good. Next was dessert - this is a sampling of what will be available at The Wave when it opens. This was one of the best desserts I've ever had and I would be very happy to try it at The Wave when it opens.

I ended up leaving an extra cash tip, paid for my soup and used a dining credit for the rest. It was well worth every single penny! I am so glad that I got to have one last meal here before it closes.

After dinner I headed straight to the monorail and rode to the TTC. I ended up wandering around and not finding any buses so I took the ferry over to the Magic Kingdom and grabbed a bus to Pop Century from there.

I got back to the resort around 10:10pm. I grabbed some water and headed back to my room to pack and check how much my overweight baggage was going to cost me. Looks like Southwest is going to get $50 from me tomorrow! It's 12:15am and time for bed so I can get up and be ready to go at 5am.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels