2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Week Following the Princess Half Marathon

So, I flew home from Orlando on Monday. I was pretty sore Monday and Tuesday, but I was starting to feel better on Wednesday. What did I do? Continued to be lazy and not work out and even worse I ate everything in sight.

Do I want to weigh myself tomorrow? No, because I'm sure the scale will be up several pounds, okay, more than several...It won't be a number I'll be happy posting that's for sure.

A few months ago I signed up for a local 8K for this weekend. Why? Because I knew I was going to need something to keep me motivated and get back out the door and back on track. It was a good thing I did too!

The race was this morning. It would have been so easy to turn off the alarm and go back to sleep, but I drug myself out of bed and headed off to the race. Now, I haven't run since the half marathon last Sunday so I wasn't sure if my body was ready for this or not.

Turns out, I wasn't mentally or physically ready to run 8K. Did I do it anyway? Yes, I did. I finished just under 57 minutes. 5 minutes slower than last year. I really pushed today too. It's frustrating that I just don't have the speed I did a year ago.

So, mentally I was having a tough time making myself run. I just wanted to walk, but I pushed myself any way. I had to keep reminding myself that it was less than 5 miles so there was no reason I couldn't do this.

Physically, I was hurting the whole way. My legs were aching after the first step. My right shin with the stress fracture was not good at all. It just ached the whole way. Happily, my left knee only twinged a few times. That was a good sign or so I thought.

I had to walk a lot more than I wanted to, but I am still glad I did it. It just proves how out of shape I still am and how much room for improvement I have.

The race was done and I grabbed a propel and a banana. I did a quick stretch out and sat down to hydrate. It was nice out and I enjoyed just people watching for a while. Then I got up and started to head out. There was the cutest puppy that I had to stop and pet. Then I started walking and guess what...My left knee was out again. It was all I could do to walk to the car. I actually had to lift my leg to put it in the car. So frustrating. I just don't know what is happening with this knee.

Looks like it's time to go back to the doctor and have both legs checked out. I may give myself a week or two off running and see how I'm doing before I do that though. It could just be that my legs are fatigued from the races.

Now, as for my diet...It is so out of control. I did go shopping today and there is nothing bad in the house and I'm out of cash so I shouldn't be able to stop as easily and pickup fast food or anything else bad. It's time to get serious and get some of this weight off. No more excuses - I can do this.

I'll keep you all posted on how this week goes!

1 comments:

Rae! said...

I am glad you did the race and finished. I hope your soreness goes away and your legs start to feel better.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels