2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Today I Felt Like A Runner!

If you run for health, fun, sport, or any other reason - when do you feel like a runner?

Today, I felt like a runner. I headed out for a Tempo run this morning. 1 mile warm up no pace goal, 3 mile tempo 11:08 per mile pace goal, 1 mile cool down.

My warm up felt good. I felt good. The steps just seemed somewhat effortless today and the dogs were running well. It just felt like the warm up was a foreshadowing of what was to come.

I hit the mile mark and then my tempo run started. I wanted to stay under my goal pace. Well, that really wasn't a problem today. At one point I looked down and I was at a 9:30 pace. Slowed down, but still pushed. At the end of the three miles I was at a 10:26. I haven't hit that pace in a long time and man did it feel good.

I finished up with a nice 12 minute mile. It was fabulous. I felt so good to keep a nice pace.

So, today I felt like a runner again. Something I haven't felt in a while. I'm paying for the pace a little bit tonight in my shin and knee, but not as bad as I expected it to be. Let's hope I feel that way in the morning when I go to do Elliptical!

1 comments:

Rae! said...

That's great!!!!!
And No worries, I am making sure I do not hurt myself. My left calf was a bit tight on Monday but other than that I have been the good sore.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels