2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Annual Passholders Beware of Blackout Dates!

Are you planning on visiting Disneyland or Walt Disney World for your free birthday gift this year? Are you an Annual Pass Holder? Are you planning on getting a gift card instead of the one day free entry to the park?

I'm sure a lot of you have heard this, but if you have a regular Annual Pass and your birthday falls on a blackout date don't plan on getting a gift card - at least not unless you plan on upgrading your pass first. The story is that if your birthday falls on a blackout date you would have to take the free entry to the park - I assume that's because you couldn't get in to the park otherwise so you technically don't have a ticket for that day.

I was looking for the story in print, but I cannot locate it. If you happen to know where it is, please post a link in comments, I'd love to check it out.

I can understand why Disney is being super strict about the rules, but this rule seems a bit hard core to me. Hasn't the guest that purchased an Annual Pass already spent more than the one day visitor? Yes, if they use the pass a lot the Pass Holder gets the better deal, but what are the odds that an Annual Pass Holder doesn't grab something to eat or purchase a trinket or spend money on something else while they are there? I just think they should cough up the gift card and call it good. Not ask the Annual Pass Holder to spend more money just to get the gift card.



Just my two cents. If this report is wrong, please someone correct me. I was taken aback when I heard it...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels