2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Monday, March 30, 2009

2008 Minnie Marathon Weekend - Day 6

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Do you know how alarm clocks can get you out of bed? Well, in my case this morning the alarm was forgotten and I went back to sleep. I decided to get up at about 8:45am. I showered, got ready and headed out at 9:30am. It's so nice to not be on a set schedule.

The bus took about 20 minutes to arrive today ad it was hot waiting in the sun. I was in the park at about 10:30am. First up - Spaceship Earth.

This was my first ride since the rehab. I think they really cheesed up my favorite ride. I miss the way it was - there were certainly a lot of changes and not all of them were good in my opinion. That take your picture and pick your future part is just plain cheesy! I'm sure that they are just trying to fill time as you come back down, but I miss the future city scene and a lot of other things too. I'm trying to keep an open mind, even if it doesn't seem that way :)!

It's time for lunch, so I head over to Electric Umbrella for a cheese burger, fries, a cookie and water. It was a good lunch and I'm full.

I head over just in time to catch Honey, I Shrunk the Audience. A cute show, but could use an update.

I walked on Journey Into Imagination - do you ever have to wait in line for this any more? So sad that they don't just put it back to the original. Haven't the people spoken enough to make them put it back?

I headed to Soarin' with a 20 minute wait. I rode with a first timer that was very scared about the height. I talked to her through the ride and she did fine. She was a very nice lady.

Next up was The Seas with Nemo and Friends. I have always loved the Living Seas and I don't mind that they've added Nemo - at least we get to ride through again. I caught Turtle Talk with Crush. This is a fun show as well.

The Orange Team needed crew members so I walked on Mission Space and had a great ride.

Test Track single rider line was another walk on - yeah! Another great vehicle test drive.

Time for a strawberry milkshake and Fountain View. I miss the bakery portion of this counter service location. They had wonderful pastries.

I had to do Spaceship Earth again. It was a walk on again.

Shopping at Mouse Gear. Had to check out the store to see if there was anything fun to buy.

Back over to Finding Nemo and I walked on again. Last time the sign for Soarin' said 45 minutes and it took 20 minutes, this time it said 65 minutes and it took 50 minutes. While waiting in line there was a guy, no an annoying guy, the I must talk on my cell phone and look important guy in line, the I must open the Emergency Exit because my reception is bad guy - amazing. There was also the I know nothing about Epcot trio that just didn't get anything. This is hard for me - I want so badly to correct them, but that's rude so I let it go this time. Regardless of the line, the ride is fabulous as usual.

I headed back to Journey Into Imagination - another walk on.

It was really strange that the park was so crowded with people that it was hard to walk around, but the line were minimal at best.

I bought a bunch of Fig-Mints for my co-workers and then I headed on to World Showcase. As I walked around I ended up in Mitsukoshi and I bought some Japanese junk food - that's one thing I miss in AZ that I could always get in WA.

I continued the walk around World Showcase, headed on Spaceship Earth one more time and at 7:40pm I headed out of the park to the bus.

By 8pm I was on the bus back to the Pop Century. I headed straight in to Everything Pop to grab some dinner - another burger and fries, tie dye cheesecake and water.

I headed back to my room and ate and ate and ate :)! Just really need to stop eating everything in site. I'm not sure what it is about WDW that makes me eat so much. I need to work on that so that I can stop doing it. I'm sure it would save my budget and my waistline.

Tomorrow is Magic Kingdom and Concourse Steakhouse. I hope it's another good day. I think I'll start the day late so that I can check in for my flight home...

Time to turn in for the day.

2 comments:

Richard said...

I've never been to WDW alone (other than being alone in the parks temporarily) and have wondered what it would be like. I imagine it would be something like the trips you write about.

You have a nice blog and it seems we have similar interests, I'll be following along with you.

Steph said...

I just wanted to let you know I was around and reading and also thank you for your support the last couple of weeks while we were dealing with Bailey's health issues. Hope you are having a nice weekend.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels