2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Thursday, February 5, 2009

It's a Small World Changes at Disneyland

Have you seen the news about the changes to It's a Small World at Disneyland? It's re-opening today with some new characters and music added.

Here's a link to an article on MSNBC.com: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29019618/

There are now going to be forty or so characters from Disney movies inserted in to the classic ride. In addition, there will be music from the movies mixed in to the classic It's a Small World song.

I'm not sure exactly how I feel about this. The original ride worked on by Mary Blair and Walt Disney was a true classic that hasn't changed since it's inception. Should Disney have changed this beloved ride?

On one hand, the ride is older and may not be as relevant to children today. By adding in favorite Disney characters children will have something they can relate to.

On the other hand, this is classic Disney. A ride that was introduced by Walt Disney. Die hard Disney fans are not going to like changes to this beautiful ride.

I will hold judgement until I can see it for myself (next year). As a child, I was never been the biggest fan of It's a Small World. My brother and I loved to make fun of it, mostly because my Mom loved it. Now that I've grown up and have an appreciation for all things Disney I have to visit the ride every time I'm in a park.

If you take the time to appreciate the ride and the simple message it sends you might be pleasantly surprised.

Anyone that gets a chance to see the new additions in Disneyland, please let me know what you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels