2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Have You Ever....

Gone running and gotten so lost you would never have made it home? Well, neither had I until today.

I headed out for an 11 mile run this morning. I was having a nice run, got in to a nice rhythm and headed out to go where I hadn't run before. I took some canal paths and ran to our local Riparian Preserve - which I had never seen before. I saw bunnies, cows, horses, other runners, walkers, bikers, birds and I was having a wonderful time.

I hit the 5.5 mile mark and turned around. I thought I was on the same path I took out - that was the plan any way - an out and back run. Then about 8 miles in I hit a road I didn't cross before. That's odd.

I kept going and hit another road - had to make a decision - left or right. Left - wrong answer. I got to the next road I recognized - another decision - left or right. Left - wrong answer. By the time I got to mile 10 I realized I was really far away from where I wanted to be.

I kept chugging along and just after 10.25 miles I was a bit worried that I wouldn't be able to walk home. I hit the next road I recognized and I realized I was too far to go home. I had to walk.

At mile 10.8 I stopped at a Circle K and called my niece - "HELP, can you come pick me up?" Where are you - I told her the cross roads. How did you get out there? I got lost. We'll be there soon.

So, I had to be rescued. If I would have tried to walk home it would have been at least 8 more miles and I knew my poor legs would never make it that much further.

It was still fun to run where I hadn't been before and at least I almost finished my 11 miles. Live and learn - don't get so in to your run that you lose track of where you are :)!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels