2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Disneyland 2008 1/2 Marathon Trip - Day 1 Part 1

Friday, August 29, 2008

Alarm rang at 5:30am this morning and I was ready to get going. Unfortunately, my legs are still super swollen this morning (note: my legs were so swollen the day before I had to repack because some of the pants I was planning on taking were tight on my calves), but they aren't as bad as last night.

I'm feeling very unprepared for this race. I've been slacking way too much since the 15K in May. I'm so nervous that I'm going to get swept, but I have to stay strong and tough. Keep my attitude positive.

The Super Shuttle van showed up a few minutes early and I realized after I headed out that I forgot to give the dogs their new toys and they are sitting on the counter - YIKES!

Background: I have three dogs (Ralph, Belle, Jasmine) and two birds (Sam, Howdy). I'll post pictures later.

I arrived at Phoenix Sky Harbor, checked my bag and made it through security by 8:00am. Plenty of time to spare. Unlike the lady in the van with me that forgot her passport at home and was already running late because her alarm didn't go off. I still wonder if she actually made her flight.

Oh geez, I'm getting ready to go do my first half marathon. I am so nervous, still feeling unprepared, gained 20 pounds and my legs are supersized from swelling. I seriously consider just going back home and trying this again at another time. Then I realize that I can't quit just because I hit this rough patch - in fact, that's the exact reason that I have to do this! I must prove to myself that I can do it and then when I get home I really need to get ready for March and my second half marathon. I know I can do this!

On a side note my niece Sandy is scheduled for a c-section on Monday, September 8th - it's crazy to think she's old enough to have a child. My sister is headed to Iraq on September 12th - she's a civilian and is looking to make money to pay off bills.

After boarding the plane we had to wait 20 minutes on the tarmac before we could take off. The flight was uneventful and we actually arrived early even after a late start. I went to grab by bag and then went to check in at Super Shuttle.

It was a short wait and I was on my way. The van filled up and the ride was filled with conversation as there was a couple from New Zealand and a local lady and there was lots to talk about. The first stop was the Disneyland Hotel - ahh, how I wish I could have stayed there this time. Next stop the Clarion and finally my hotel - the Howard Johnson.

Check in at the hotel was quick and easy and I was in my room by 1:20pm. My room was in building 1 on the 6th floor. The room was okay - it wasn't anything super special, but it was nice enough. I did notice right away just how noisy it was. I was on the freeway side and that's really all you heard. The air conditioner and the TV helped to mute some of the noise, but we'll see how night time is.

I took a few minutes to freshen up and then it was time to head out to the Expo!

I'm going to stop here for now and when I post again I'll describe the Expo.

2 comments:

Rae! said...

So there is a shuttle from the airport in Calif to Disney Land?? I have never been on the west coast. Or did you have to pay and was it a lot??
Again we are trying to plan to come out this tear 2009.

Anonymous said...

Re: the Supershuttle
Earlier this month on one of the Disney blogs "Mickey's-Left-Ear" posted a discount code for riders to and from the park. If you book online @ www.supershuttle.com and use discount code PMGEZ they will discount your fare and bonus you double airline miles depending on your FF program. The code doesn't expire until 2010 and can be used unlimited. I booked online for a May trip and they took $3.00 off plus airmiles on USAir. Every penney counts these days! Hope this helps. Enjoy!
Christie in Denver

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels