2017 Training Stats

Miles Completed = 29.01
(Run/Walked = 29.01, Biked = 0.0, Elliptical = 0.0)

Countdowns!

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Answers to Comments As of Jan 29, 2009

Thank you all for the comments. I am really having fun posting this information as I like to share my experiences and hopefully answer questions.

I'm sure if you've been reading this blog you can tell that I'm new at this. I have received a couple of questions and I wanted to post some answers and I wasn't sure if this is the correct protocol or not. If I should answer these in a different way, please let me know what I should do. It feels unnatural to comment this way as I am used to corresponding individually.

The first question: So why were you swollen?
I really wish I knew the answer to this. It comes and goes and I haven't found any correlations to any other aspect of my health. I have some knee problems and I think it probably has something to do with poor circulation from all the knee braces, but none of my doctors have ever been able to come up with an answer. Usually my legs swell while I'm sitting at work, but I go home and work out and it eases up and by the morning everything is back to normal. This time however, the swelling was bad enough that it actually hurt - not a fun feeling. Thankfully it hasn't come back :).

The second question: So there is a shuttle from the airport in Calif to Disney Land?
There are a few options for shuttles from Los Angeles Airport, Santa Ana/Orange County Airport or Long Beach Airport. I flew in to LAX as it was cheapest for me at the time. I am a frequent Super Shuttle passenger. I use them here at home in Arizona and I've used them in California and New York. They have a few different options, but I usually do the shared van service. This is the least expensive option. The thing you have to be aware of - it can take a while to get to your resort as there may be other drop offs before yours.

If you want to check out the services and prices you can go to www.supershuttle.com. You can make reservations in advance (requires pre-payment, but the refund policy is pretty decent) or you can go curbside at the airport and look for the Blue Vans that say Super Shuttle - there's always attendants there to assist you.

If anyone else has any comments, suggestions or questions, please don't hesitate to leave me a comment and I'll respond!

1 comments:

Rae! said...

Cool thanks!!!
I have bad knees too. I had 2 surgeries on my left knee and 1 on the right knee. I can relate to any type of bone pain.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments.

Blog Archive

Labels